1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Leaked Froyo and Data issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hoffm11, Aug 3, 2010.

1. hoffm11

hoffm11 Member

May 21, 2010
    My data seems to go down often and I have to reboot the phone to get my "3G" back on my device. Has anyone had this issue? Is there a fix?

Advertisement

2. VolsMcFalls

VolsMcFalls Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Mine dose this, but I wouldn't say "often." And it seems to only do it when I am tethered. But I do not have to reboot. It will drop to 1x and I will just disconnect and play some games for a bit or wait it out. After a few minutes it seems to come back.

Again, it's only with tethering though. And it seems to do it more when I am tethered and receive a text or someone calls. The phone switches to 1x when sending and receiving test messages, so it is like it gets hung up during that switch sometimes.

3. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    New Mexico
    I had this problem for the first time this morning and I've been running the leak since it came out. Turned off my phone to charge this morning and when I turned it back on, no 3g, rebooted twice, still no 3g, battery pull and then I had 3g.
    Heard others in root forum complain of this.

4. chris98891

chris98891 Active Member

May 16, 2010
    mines been doing this and i havent upgraded. mine happens when switching on and off 3g/wifi

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Happened once to me after tethering. On a side note tho, switching on airplane mode then turning it right back off restored the connection rather than having to reboot. I think it's happening on both leaks, I'm using the first.

6. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    I have noticed mine do this lately too and I still have the stock update. I do not use wifi (off), so that is not a factor.

I notice mainly a sudden drop to 1X and this is while accessing data- not when just turning a web app on. Connections quality has went down hill for the past few weeks.

7. tco05

tco05 Active Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I've been having this issue with the leaked OTA radio and a 2.2 ROM. Part of the reason I'm going back to rooted 2.1.