1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Leaked: [ROM]RUU_Desire_C_Verizon_WWE_1.17.605.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bxrider11, Jan 3, 2010.

1. alprazolam

alprazolam Android Expert

Time to break out the ole broken parallels I guess. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Solitary

Solitary Android Enthusiast

3. Solitary

Workaround for HTC Hero Sync Problem in Windows 7 My Digital Life

and to someone asking about the apps. Yes, all of your apps will go to default. I suggest (if you try MyBackup app) to not back up apps at all. They will be in your downloads in market and you just will have to install them again

4. YoungD112

YoungD112 Newbie

I did the work around and it still doesn't work...HTC sync wont work on for my phone either, is something just wrong wit my phone? (which is brand new, just got it replaced)

5. Solitary

um i dont know. It worked for me like a charm. I am running Win 7 x64

6. Ataranine

Ataranine Android Enthusiast

Just wait for the over-the-air then. You're not missing anything.

7. alprazolam

alprazolam Android Expert

Mine would not work on my computer no matter how many things I tried so I installed Hot Sync onto my sister's WinXP netbook and everything went through smoothly. I'm not sure why Win 7 and Vista work for some and fail for others. Ataranine is right...I'm wondering if this is even the release that will be sent out OTA.

8. andermk

andermk Member

Hey Guys -

I updated last night using windows 7 x64 with no problems. Eris seems a little snappier. I worked it pretty hard today and it performed great. Youtube which didn't work before and GPS are both working flawlessly. I will update my wife's Eris this weekend as well because it still freezes up sometimes. Just my 2cent worth.

9. droidfanatic

droidfanatic Newbie

Just wondering...does your Youtube app work when you try to watch in HD as well??? I did the update but youtube app STILL doesn't work for me : ( soooo disappointed.

10. owlmatt

owlmatt Member

Updated yesterday morning and had some issues last night with email, texts, and calls going through. Beyond that the phone is a bit faster. I'm going back to the older rom.

11. aleis

aleis Android Expert

i dont think u can...

12. owlmatt

owlmatt Member

You might be right. Just tried to load the old rom. Didn't work. Will try and load again.

UPDATE - Crap, you're right. We need to root this thing. Hope that was a random issue.

13. snorge

snorge Android Enthusiast

I did the update this morning on Windows 7 64 and it worked flawlessly. I was kind of shocked at how easy it was after having a lot of trouble helping a friend update their Samsung Omnia a while ago.

The phone does seem a bit snappier but this could be due to the fact that this is a clean install, yes I have put most of my apps back on but this time around I didn't install and uninstall tons of apps that I was trying out when I first got the phone.

I haven't noticed any problems with the updated phone yet, my signal might be a bit stronger in some locations but that is a hard thing to judge.

Only thing I have to wait for is the paid version of weatherbug to support it, the free one does but for some reason the elite one won't show up in the market.

14. droidfanatic

droidfanatic Newbie

I really hope this leaked ROM is NOT the update that is supposed to be coming out on the 22nd, cuz in my opinion it didn't fix a damn thing!

15. samster

samster Member

Dude mine does that to me all the time too! I stopped using current location, and just put in phx time. Nice to know the update fixes that

16. ChrisC

ChrisC Newbie

I had the Eris and ended up returning due to the YouTube app not working any more...and the random lockups.

When I read about the leaked update fixing the bugs I thought "hey, maybe I'll get the Eris again!"....But... now I'm reading that for some it fixed some issues and for others it fixed nothing...and most importantly, youtube STILL doesn't work.

Is it just me, or is it not strange that the Youtube app doesn't work (90% of time) but it's not being acknowledged by HTC/Verizon at all yet?!

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews