1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Leaked Samsung Attain (R920) Pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kaiser17, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster/Web Design & Data Entry
    Atlanta, GA
    [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. confed

confed Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Philly
    2 threads on this, the other one was moved. this is the galaxy attain. the r920 is set to be a dual core.

3. Kaiser17

None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Atlanta, GA
    What source do you have to confirm it being dual core? Because xda says its single core so most likely they are right because I see them as a reliable source.

EDIT: Doing a google search here is another reliable source confirming its single core: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-Attain-4G_id6813

And it includes more specs, so the difference from the first post on the specs is that the screen size is 3.5 inches (320x480) same as the indulge and not bigger like how Xda mentioned, and it includes a 1.3MP front facing camera.

I still think its not an worthy upgrade because what they basically have done is updated the indulge by giving it gingerbread and adding a front facing camera and then taking away the keyboard.

So if I wanted a phone that really is better than the indulge, I'd go with the Esteem as the r910 and r920 are basically the same with few differences.

4. Shatterproof

Shatterproof Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 30, 2011
    Male
    Warehouse Supervisor / MMA Fighter
    Detroit
    The dual core phone he is talking about for MetroPCS is the LG Connect, I will add a link in a min.

EDIT:
    Links Added by confed below explaining the confusion.

5. Kaiser17

None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Atlanta, GA
    I know the LG Connect will be a dual core phone, but he said the r920 would be which it would not.

Anyways, Im looking forward to all these new phones, there will be a alot to choose from instead of just 3 or 4 smartphones like it used to be

6. confed

confed Android Expert
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Male
    Philly
    just have leaks from people that work for Metro. Been talking about the 920, attain, tikal, ZTE Arthur and LG Connect since early December or before.

Few links for your reading, (grain of salt and all that.)

Samsung r920?

MetroPCS Two Dual-Core phones

Post from Dec 13 states - "That phone is indeed the Samsung Chief, to be known as "Samsung Galaxy Attain"

Got to play with it a couple days ago. It's not bad, and welcome to the lineup.

Should be out in a few weeks. Set to be in Best Buy stores by Jan 22nd, so i'm assuming Metro will have it before then."

I could be wrong, the model numbers get switched a lot. If this is the 920, the sammy 940 could be the dual core.

The ZTE Arthur - [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us is completely remade since its first, initial, horrible specs. New specs are: "-1.2 GHZ dual core proccesor
    -4.3 WVGA 480 by 800 pixel display
    -5.0 rear camera w'flash
    -front camera might be 1.3
    -4GB internal storage
    -Android 2.3
    -4G LTE
    -wow a 1780 mAh battery " Slated for Feb/March

Another thread which confuses me about the 2 model numbers, my apologies. Samsung Galaxy Attain Price

personally, i'll wait to see the specs on the Dyle TV phone - Dyle Mobile TV on MetroPCS: over the air broadcast TV on Android and iOS (video) | The Verge

Also, the attain will be $199 after $50 rebate. Good pricepoint for Metro. news SAMSUNG

7. lingming

lingming Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    wonder will that 1780 mah be any better all these phone metro has has bad life