1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Leaked (un)Official ATT ICS for the Galaxy Note I717

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr. Ed, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Blue1k

Blue1k Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2009
    Teacher/Web Design
    Cloverdale, BC
    Guys. Samsung doesn't check that carefully for the flash counter. I have helped a ton of people that have either had defective phones or phones that died because the user had no idea to root and ended up killing the phone.

Not a single one was denied warranty because of a triggered flash counter. Relax.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Advertisement

wase4711 and james27007 like this.
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    honestly I don't even care ...I am rarely on here anymore because of silly crap like this

no workarounds...it's a one click exe that only requires the user be in download mode

3. ndfan4u

ndfan4u Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Is there a new updated leaked version of Ice Cream Sandwich for Galaxy Note I717?? I installed mine directly from the link at the top of this thread and it was a disaster.
    This version was too buggy for me. I flashed back asap back to Saurom. :mad:
    I really want Ice Cream Sandwich man.

4. Blue1k

Blue1k Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2009
    Teacher/Web Design
    Cloverdale, BC
    Not yet. That's why I didn't go all gaga and install the ICS leak. I had the N7000 and the ICS beta is a disaster.

Be patient and wait for a stable build. There are still a lot of bugs to work out and a lot of new features that Samsung wants to include in TW.

My guess is second week in May of a stable build being released. But I'm guessing the N7000 gets it before our model.

ndfan4u likes this.
  5. wase4711

wase4711 Android Expert
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    outside chicaago
    is there a way to flash this using a mac/heimdall?

thanks

6. Rsoaker27

Rsoaker27 Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2012
    Im new to android after being an iPhone user for 3 years and I'm loving the Note...Ofcourse I did my research on a couple different model of phones and just liked the ease of use and customization options with Android vs. IOS...Ofcourse when I saw a leaked copy of ICS and how simple it seemed to install I figured why not...well I wish I would have waiting..everything works fine and almost seems to run better on ICS vs Gingerbread...BUT there are 2 downsides..one under the RAM it looks like its dropped about a 100mb(around 624MB and normally with just a couple things running its pushing around 500+MB) on Gingerbread it was somewhere in the 700+MB range.

And the biggest down fall has to be the battery...the Note already drained the battery by the ICS is just killing my battery...I closed all the tasks down in task manager and even clicked the power saving option on notifications..at one point I lost 5% in 10 minutes with the phone not even being used or messed with..So I worry that once the official release comes I wont be able to Install/update that final build...I also noticed that the back of phone was pretty warm thru the Speck case I had on it..ofcourse that could have something to do with I had to pretty much keep in plugged in most of the day. Any thoughts? Ofcourse I knew nothing about backing up before upgrading so I guess im SOL on getting the gingerbread back.

Also is there an option to shut "Settings" off on the notification screen or does it just stay there on ICS?

7. Rsoaker27

Rsoaker27 Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2012
    Well after some messing around with the phone today i finally found what was causing
    my battery drain. I noticed exchange services had ate up 178mb of data in two days
    My 4g signal was woring non stop thus causing my battery issue. I had my msn, hotmail and my exchange email that i use for work..i turned the sync email off on my work email and that solved the issue. Guess only concern i have is if ill be able to get otc updates from att.