• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help leaking internal memory

I use the Google and Amazon marketplace. If an app developer asks for payment, then I feel I should pay them for their work if I want that app. I know of one other apparently legit site (getjar) that has a different model for paid apps, but it doesn't update the apps like the Google or Amazon marketplace. So I don't use that one, but apparently they are okay.

I would tell you to avoid that site. From everything I know it is piracy/warez. As a general rule unless it is approved by the dev a paid app should not be available for free.

Is getjar legit? I used yo use umnet, but I like paying for apps that I use and try not to use pirated versions personally... I will occasionally especially if its not on the market even though it works on the MT that's about the only time I won't pay for a paid app... But stay away from them because if you get a virus there isn't a way to get rid of it without wiping and that can mean losing apps and settings.

Edit: also one example of a paid app you can get for free legally is setcpu... The dev has it on xda, or you can donate to the dev by buying it in the market... If its something from xda you should be safe as well since that's usually the devs putting up the links.

Upvote 0
I use the Google and Amazon marketplace. If an app developer asks for payment, then I feel I should pay them for their work if I want that app. I know of one other apparently legit site (getjar) that has a different model for paid apps, but it doesn't update the apps like the Google or Amazon marketplace. So I don't use that one, but apparently they are okay.

I would tell you to avoid that site. From everything I know it is piracy/warez. As a general rule unless it is approved by the dev a paid app should not be available for free.

I think its a legit market and it has a website and there good reviws of it

Upvote 0
can that harm my phone?

Yes... It can also steal all your information stored on your phone depending on what its set up to do... Its just like in the computer world. If you log into site, use a credit card, all your contacts, etc. If there is malware it will have access to all of this depending on the permission the app has it could be more or less serious though.

Upvote 0
Yes... It can also steal all your information stored on your phone depending on what its set up to do... Its just like in the computer world. If you log into site, use a credit card, all your contacts, etc. If there is malware it will have access to all of this depending on the permission the app has it could be more or less serious though.

why does it have good reviws then. ???

Upvote 0
Okay guys, just a quick follow-up...

I'm going to be making some edits to the posts above to remove references of the aforementioned warez site.

We just don't want to lend or give any credence at all to sites like that, that are so blatant in their methods.

Thanks and I hope you all understand.

Upvote 0
It isn't hard to fake reviews to make something look good. If a shady site does something like that it can make it look more legit (just like you thought).

Also to add people who aren't exactly tech savvy and don't know about malware and such and see they can get apps for free of course they're gonna rate it high...

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Okay guys, just a quick follow-up...

I'm going to be making some edits to the posts above to remove references of the aforementioned warez site.

We just don't want to lend or give any credence at all to sites like that, that are so blatant in their methods.

Thanks and I hope you all understand.

You didn't edit your previous post...

Upvote 0
You didn't edit your previous post...

LOL, thank you for noticing, Marc ;) :).

Actually, I left it in initially so that folks who came after would know to avoid the site being discussed was a baddie.

I asked for a little advice from our awesome Moderator staff, and got some excellent advice: everyone whose posts I edited already knew what the site was, and those that come after are better off not knowing, eh? :)

'Tis now gone from my post, too.

Cheers and thanks, all!

Reactions: marc12868
Upvote 0
LOL, thank you for noticing, Marc ;) :).

Actually, I left it in initially so that folks who came after would know to avoid the site being discussed was a baddie.

I asked for a little advice from our awesome Moderator staff, and got some excellent advice: everyone whose posts I edited already knew what the site was, and those that come after are better off not knowing, eh? :)

'Tis now gone from my post, too.

Cheers and thanks, all!

Lol yea its better that people who haven't seen the posts or sites not get ideas... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones