1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Least expensive Mirrorlink capable phone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by robobanker, Mar 26, 2016.

1. robobanker

robobanker Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2016
    Male
    I recently bought a new 2016 Subaru Legacy which is Mirrorlink capable via Android. I believe it is Mirrorlink 1.1. As a long time iOS user, and mindful Mirrorlink is not compatible with iOS I would like to buy an Android phone as cheap as possible that I can slave via tethering from my iPhone 6 with unlimited data and use the android for aps such as sygic for navigation. I checked out Bestbuy, Target and Walmart and nothing available over the counter as a prepaid as I referred to the list on the Mirrorlink website of the listing of phones. With that being said, open to buying one over amazon, not eBay and would like to spend $100 us or less naturally. Any recommendations and or thoughts?

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Mirrorlink only supports certain mid and hi-end Samsungs, HTCs and Sonys, but not Apple though, which is presumably what they've partnered with. Nothing you can get $100 bucks new I don't think. Could have a look at second-hand phones possibly, try Swappa.

3. robobanker

robobanker Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2016
    Male
    I am aware that secondhand and or refurbished would be fine, just hoping someone out there could make a stable recommendation please and thank you.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    OK, I can only see and go on what's on their website. Might be someone reading this who already has Mirrorlink and a suitable phone for it, and can say for sure. :) Somewhat surprised it doesn't support iPhone though, these things usually do.

5. robobanker

robobanker Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2016
    Male
    Thoughts anyone?

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    So far we've only got what's on Mirrorlink's website, i.e. a list of select devices. Which might be safe to assume is accurate and would work, and anything else probably won't. I'm not likely to see Mirrorlink in cars myself, I believe it's a US only thing. There's other standards and formats as well, Android Auto is the one that has the backing of Google, then there's Microsoft Sync, which is only in Ford cars.