1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

"Leave It On" for Android?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gary1949, Sep 11, 2010.

1. gary1949

gary1949 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    retired
    Geneseo, NY
    I used a program for BlackBerries called "Leave It On". Very useful for golf apps to always have the screen displaying information during a round, or to have the clock remain on during the night without the need to press a button to see the time, etc. The developer of "Leave It On" (Shaosoft) appears to develop apps only for the BB OS.

Does anyone know of a similiar program available for android phones?

Thanks in advance for the help . . . .

Advertisement

2. lb8

lb8 Member

Aug 17, 2010
  3. gary1949

Sep 1, 2010
    retired
    Geneseo, NY
    That program looked like it would work . . . but it didn't !! After installation I set my screen timeout for 1 minute - after 1 minute, the screen went dark. Reset screen timeout to 10 minutes - again, after 10 minutes screen went dark. I don't believe I have any other programs interferring with "Screen On" such as JuiceDefender (disabled for this test). :(

Sooooo . . . . I'll continue searching. Thanks very much for the suggestion. :eek:

4. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Tasker is supposed to let you automate things - so if you launch a particular App, Tasker can change the timeout on the Screen. I have not tried it yet, but it seems very powerful.

5. gary1949

Sep 1, 2010
    retired
    Geneseo, NY
    I did some more testing with "Screen On" before deleting the app. It appears to work with AT&T Navigator and my 2 golf apps - SkyDroid and FreeCadie Pro. It DOES NOT work with the Samsung "Desk Home" application.

No problem - I'll ditch the "Desk Home" app and find a decent (and simple) alarm clock app.

Thanks much for the help . . . it's appreciated. :)