1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Leaving it in hot weather?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kstuffer, Jul 16, 2010.

1. kstuffer

kstuffer Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    This will be my first major smartphone purchase. I wanted to know if hot weather could ruin the phone in terms of overheating and what not.

I like to play a lot of sports outside so would there be an issue with the hot sun beating on this bad boy.

Advertisement

2. NNN

NNN Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Hey how ya doing!

Let me tell you what I know.

Heat is the worst thing for a battery. When subjecting your phone to prolonged episodes of heat, it's going to lose it's life very quickly.

So while the hardware of a phone won't be affected much by heat, your battery will get worse and worse over time.

Naturally, batteries get worse over time as you cycle them, but heat, especially over 100 degrees, speeds up the process almost exponentially.

Just make sure you buy a secondary battery when you notice the battery life starts getting worse.

Hope that helps!

3. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    I know some devices have sensors that will shutdown the device if it get's too hot (LG Envy Touch)

4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    Do NOT leave it out in direct sunlight. It will basically make the phone into an oven.

5. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    Yeah i wouldn't recommend direct sunlight either...for any ped as far as that goes.