• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Leaving it in hot weather?

This will be my first major smartphone purchase. I wanted to know if hot weather could ruin the phone in terms of overheating and what not.

I like to play a lot of sports outside so would there be an issue with the hot sun beating on this bad boy.

Hey how ya doing!

Let me tell you what I know.

Heat is the worst thing for a battery. When subjecting your phone to prolonged episodes of heat, it's going to lose it's life very quickly.

So while the hardware of a phone won't be affected much by heat, your battery will get worse and worse over time.

Naturally, batteries get worse over time as you cycle them, but heat, especially over 100 degrees, speeds up the process almost exponentially.

Just make sure you buy a secondary battery when you notice the battery life starts getting worse.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones