1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Leaving S2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jreink01, Jul 5, 2013.

1. jreink01

jreink01 Android Expert

I just want everyone to know that I have left the S2, I upgraded to the S3 because my s2 had gps issues and the lady from Best Buy told me that the S2 is discontinued and they have no more left. I just have to say that the S3 is fantastic, I have had about a week and I'm still discovering new features. If anyone has the opportunity to get one, I recommend you do. The S2 was great but I feel like the S3 blows it out of the water. I am not putting down the S2, I loved that phone, had no problems whatsoever except with the gps issues.

On a different note, I would like to thank everyone that helped me when I had issues/concerns or was stuck, especially codegerm, you helped me out tremedously when I was getting root and explaining the kernals, radios, etc.
    I hope everyone has fun with their s2 with all the different roms and stuff. Thats one thing I'm gonna miss because the S3 has hardly any support and just a handfull of roms, nothing compared to the S2.

jackbquick123, kevincott and LilBit like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

3. kevincott

kevincott Android Expert

Thanks for being part of the S2 community and grats on the new toy.

Post progress reports here on the LTE and generally if worth upgrading for us S2 owners.

4. Warlord698

Warlord698 Newbie

i think i'm gonna just save some cash and upgrade to next year's (Sprint) model and flash it to boost, tired of this being left behind crap.....especially when a LTE phone came out 2 weeks after i bought my S3 and less than 3 months later they decided to slam out the S3.....so yeah, S5 sounds like a good future update :p

5. bmartin70

bmartin70 Well-Known Member

Can someone download fj12 and create nandroid backup

6. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Totally wrong thread dude

7. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

8. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Yep if you have a new question please start a new thread and post your question there......... thanks.....:)

9. bmartin70

For some reason download won't finish on my phone for exe file

10. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Again if you have a question start a new thread, your off topic in this thread..:mad::rolleyes:

11. bmartin70

How do I start a new thread

12. Doc

Doc Android Expert

In the upper left hand corner you will see were it says new thread, click that and post your question there.

Attached Files:

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews