1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Leaving S7 on charging stand after full charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trankster, Apr 2, 2016.

1. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    CPA
    Irvine, CA
    Is it harmful to leave the phone on the fast charging stand after it's been fully charged? I really like the Samsung fast charge stand and would like to use it as a desk stand at work. Will it harm the phone or battery life if it sits on the stand for several hours a day? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. scotiez

scotiez Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Male
    Auto Parts
    Grand Forks, North Dakota
    I use my Samsung wireless Fast Charger at night when i go to bed. I have plenty of charge to last me all day long. It is safer to leave your phone sitting on a wireless charger after its reached 100% then it is to plug it in to a wall socket using the Charger that came with the phone. The Samsung Wireless Fast Charger works with the phone so when it reaches 100% it shuts off the charger. while the phone is sitting on the charger it may start up just enough to top it off keeping it at 100% through out the time period. I have always charged my phones over night and have never had a problem. With the Technology today that is put into the smart charging devices you will be fine leaving it on the charger.

SixtyDashOne, trankster and Mikestony like this.
  3. SixtyDashOne

SixtyDashOne Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    I was wondering about this as well, but I figured it would probably be ok. I have a fast wireless charger at work and one at home so my phone spends a good deal of time on the charger at either location.

4. monojack

monojack Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2016
    Male

Yeah it's perfectly fine to leave your phone charging overnight, especially on some good quality charger like the Samsung one. A good wireless charger will enter the trickle mode when your phone is close to fully charged, which will drop its power output to a fraction of what it was, just enough to maintain your phone at 100%. Your battery is designed to do that too, so don't worry :)

5. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    The problem that can arise by keeping a phone on charge is one of battery overheating. If it overheats too often the battery can eventually fail (starts to bulge, and you can spin it on a table). The danger of the S7 of course is that you can no longer take out the battery to check it, so it is a good idea to feel the back for heat when on charge from time to time if you do intend to keep it on charge for long periods of time.
    If your phone drains quite quickly on normal standby (ie. it's doing lots of background polling and tasks), then it would be possible that overheating could occur when on charge.

Having said all this, all the Galaxy phones I've ever owned (S2, S4 and now S7 Edge) over the last 6 years, I almost always keep them charging overnight, and invariably when I am in work, they have been on charge all day long via USB cable to my PC, and I have never had a single battery related problem.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.