• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Leaving T-Mobile and my Moto Cliq for the Samsung Epic....Can't wait!

I have been a long time T-mobile user but I have decided to switch to Sprint for 2 reasons....First, I am paying $94 per month for my Moto Cliq and unlimited everything and that is just waaay too much....The 2nd reason is that I'm tired of T-Mobile only delivering mid-range Android phones....I read T-Mobile blogs and trust me that there are a ton of pissed off people waiting for a proper superphone on T-Mobile including myself.....I have decided to make the switch to Sprint mainly to save cash during this economical disaster and by getting on my sisters family plan it will cost me just $30 per month for an Epic 4G (confirmed by Sprint customer service)...So saving $65 per month is pretty awesome!....My Moto Cliq has been a good experience for my first android phone but MotoBlur has left me longing for a better user interface so I'm hoping Samsungs Touchwiz on the Epic 4G will be an improvement....Since I have a Moto Cliq and I plan on getting the Epic 4G on day one, you can probably figure out that I love hardware keyboards....This is a main selling point for me when it comes to buying a new smartphone and the Epic 4G qwerty looks amazing!.....Is anyone else planning to buy an Epic 4G?.....I would also love to hear from you guys about any of the special features Sprint offers on their existing Android phones in preperation for my Epic monster phone!

Now, I've been a tmobile customer for about 10 months now,Unlimited everything, I pay about 86$ after taxes. I have been on the android bandwagon since the G1 was released in july of 2008, I have had the G1, Cliq, and Mytouch2.0, I currently have the Nexus one, and I have experienced the Slide. Now the Epic 4g is an awesome phone compared to the Vibrant, Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking sprint in anyway, But are you seriously going to only pay 30$ a month for Unlimited Data + Talk and Text, On a family plan? where does one get such as premier prize. I also hear that you have to pay 10$ a month extra just for 4g, on top of Regular 3g(Data).

Upvote 0
I have been looking at the Epic 4G since it came out. It has most of the features I am looking for such as the following:

Touch Screen
Physical Sliding QWERTY keyboard
Android OS
Camera
Memory Card Expansion
Apps (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, IM, games, etc)
1 GHz processor
5 MP camera
Bluetooth 3.0
Wi-Fi
3.5mm audio jack
16GB media card installed (upgradable to 32GB card)

I get a yearly upgrade from T-Mobile in March 2011 after the purchase of my Touch Pro 2 this past March. I also have the option of not leaving T-Mobile and getting the MyTouch 3G Slide (or whenever a new MT Slide will come out).

I am just wondering if this is a good phone to make the switch for or if I should wait and find out what's coming next? Next year will be my first time using Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones