• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Leaving the Desire - thanks to all

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's helped me on this section of the Forum in the last 18 months. Today, I've upgraded to Motorola Atrix, and so my time on the forum will be largely spent in that section from now on.

I'll still pop back here though in the hope that I can help other Desire users based on my previous experiences with the phone, but for now - thanks again and see you soon.

:cool:

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's helped me on this section of the Forum in the last 18 months. Today, I've upgraded to Motorola Atrix, and so my time on the forum will be largely spent in that section from now on.

I'll still pop back here though in the hope that I can help other Desire users based on my previous experiences with the phone, but for now - thanks again and see you soon.

:cool:

Why the Atrix if you don't mind my asking?

Upvote 0
Why the Atrix if you don't mind my asking?

I don't mind at all.

It was between that and the HTC Sensation. Although the latter is better hardwarewise, the bigger battery, increased storage space and the fact that I fancied something a bit different swayed me to the Atrix.

So far, even before I've bedded it in, the battery life on the Atrix is looking excellent (for a smartphone anyway).

Did you have a particular reason for asking? Would you have gone for something different?

Upvote 0
I don't mind at all.

It was between that and the HTC Sensation. Although the latter is better hardwarewise, the bigger battery, increased storage space and the fact that I fancied something a bit different swayed me to the Atrix.

So far, even before I've bedded it in, the battery life on the Atrix is looking excellent (for a smartphone anyway).

Did you have a particular reason for asking? Would you have gone for something different?

I'm just a nosey so and so that's all. Well I may have suggested the Sony Ericsson Arc as that is my. main phone now and I am very happy with it. Or otherwise if it wasn't the Arc it would probably have been the Galaxy S2.

Upvote 0
I'm just a nosey so and so that's all. Well I may have suggested the Sony Ericsson Arc as that is my. main phone now and I am very happy with it. Or otherwise if it wasn't the Arc it would probably have been the Galaxy S2.

Both great phones, but I'm glad I made the choice I did.

My mate has the Sony Ericsson Arc. It is a nice phone and I really liked it, but he has moaned a lot about the battery life.

I've tried some of the usual things to help him (he had the brightness on full whack, and I've stopped his stuff syncing every 2 minutes), which has improved things for him slightly but it's still bad. Then again, he is on it allll the time pretty much non stop.

Upvote 0
traitor :D

nah seriously, enjoy your Atrix..it does look like a sweet phone, but just not sweet enough to tempt me yet...and I'm terrible for being tempted by shiny high spec ones lol

Many thanks. It is sad to leave the Desire, and I'll probably end up keeping it rather than selling it on (I still have a SE W810i upstairs that I couldn't bear to part with).

Tell you what though - this phone doesn't half come with some kit - I've got a keyboard, mouse, Dock and remote control to unpack yet!

Reactions: yenrod
Upvote 0
Many thanks. It is sad to leave the Desire, and I'll probably end up keeping it rather than selling it on (I still have a SE W810i upstairs that I couldn't bear to part with).

Tell you what though - this phone doesn't half come with some kit - I've got a keyboard, mouse, Dock and remote control to unpack yet!

Not the laptop dock though I assume??

Upvote 0
Okay, so right now the phone is in the dock, and both my keyboard and mouse are bluetoothed up to it. I've also got a HDMI cable running into my telly from the dock.

This is amazing - I'm using my telly as a sort of UI for the dock, theres a firefox web browser and I've still got a window open on one side I can control my phone with, so I can still reply to SMS's whilst browsing the internet.

I'm very impressed with this. Sadly, the phone doesn't stand up in the keyboard, but I guess you could just stand it up in the little dock. It can be charging at the same time then.

Upvote 0
SUroot;[URL="tel:3181042" said:
3181042[/URL]]Hmm I was just thinking of logistics using the KB to sms on a bus for example.. I do miss a physical keyboard.

You could do that I guess - although the keyboard is about 10 inches across (about the same size as a proper laptop keyboard). Would snugly fit on your knee, and I guess you could improvise a way of making the phone stand up (shame there's not a little stand on the back). :cool:

Upvote 0
arc is old technology so i would never advise on that.
i massively dislike the sensation, imo its a let down with no built in storage "STILL". clunky UI that isnt that smooth considering its a dual core phone.
its pretty boring as well just cos its good old sense with a couple of fancy feature like a new lock screen and a slight ui overhaul

If i were you i would of got the atrix or the sgs2 so good choice

Upvote 0
I'd just like the echo the gratitude and thanks of Steven.

In the early days of having my Desire (april/may 2010) I don't know what I'd have done without the boffins on here.

I had no intention to replace my desire but an piece uninsured droppage put paid to that plan. After a week of contemplation T-mob offered me a Desire S for

Upvote 0
Have to say I'm really quite content with my Desire after nearly 18 months. Yes, there are better phones but the difference is not earth shattering yet, and I just love the AMOLED screen. I'll certainly expect a dual core processor, more memory, and some other goodies in the 6 month or so when my contract is up, but the Desire as-is is pretty much what I need, and I haven't rooted or run the Gingerbread update yet. The next purchase will be an Android tablet for my wife...

Ian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones