• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ripcurlksm

Lurker
Jan 28, 2011
I am thinking about switching from my Droid X to the Razr Maxx, which seems like a no brainer from what I've read.

An important feature to me because I have my phone on silent all day sitting next to me is the LED light for when I get text messages, more specifically the ability to have it "always on" vs blinking. I like to glance at my phone and see a steady LED light for when I receive text messages.

For those of you, can you speak to any of this? Are you able to have the LED light be "always on" instead of blinking when you receive messages?

I've spend a lot of time tweaking this on my Droid X and was able to achieve some success using the paid app Light Flow, however it was buggy and didn't always work.

Please advise and thank you!

I am thinking about switching from my Droid X to the Razr Maxx, which seems like a no brainer from what I've read.

An important feature to me because I have my phone on silent all day sitting next to me is the LED light for when I get text messages, more specifically the ability to have it "always on" vs blinking. I like to glance at my phone and see a steady LED light for when I receive text messages.

For those of you, can you speak to any of this? Are you able to have the LED light be "always on" instead of blinking when you receive messages?

I've spend a lot of time tweaking this on my Droid X and was able to achieve some success using the paid app Light Flow, however it was buggy and didn't always work.

Please advise and thank you!

I have never seen a led stay on except for the charging light, i do know their is a blue led and and a green led, hope that helps

Upvote 0
You can install an app called SMS Popup and be able to adjust many things for text messages. You can adjust the color of the LED and flash pattern (I have not tried a custom flash to make it steady like what you want but I believe it could be done), set text tones, setup whether the screen comes on or not, pops up the text or not, etc. To me, best of all, you can do all these things to each person rather than everyone. I like knowing who's calling or texting me without having to look at my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones