• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LED Flash Won't Turn Off

inkdesigner

Mar 18, 2010
USA
I'm looking for some help here. I have a 3G Xoom, running the stock OS. Starting this past Sunday, the LED flash in the rear of the tablet has turned on and will not go out. I cannot access the camera to change settings. I get an error message that says the Camera will not start. If I try to use a 3rd party camera app, it force closes and I get an error message that says "Cannot Connect to the Camera."

At the same time, I find that every time I try to use the Google Maps program, the tablet resets, which it never used to do. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Updated to Android 4.1.2 today, which is the latest version being push by VZW. After installing the update, I performed a FDR.

Still hasn't helped. The LED flash still stays on, the camera app still does a FC without allowing me to access any settings, and the Maps program still reboots the tabblet with no error messages I can find.

Upvote 0
I went thru reverting back to the origianl Honeycomb OS that came on the tablet when brand new and then applyed the udate(s) to get to Android 4.1.2 and am still experiencing the same issues. Unfortunately, I think it is indeed a hardware issue, as I am now starting to experience random reboots without doing anything.

Based on this, any recommendations for a replacem,ent that runs on Verizon's 4G LTE network with at least 32GB built in RAM?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones