1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LED "Flashlight" apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by esmith818, May 30, 2011.

1. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast

I can't tell if I have a bad LED or if that's just how the flashlight apps work (I've tried several). When I enable the flashlight, the LEDs seem more "yellow" than the one I had on the OG Droid. Also, while on, occasionally one of the LEDs will shut off (the one closest to the battery cover) or flicker on and off.

If the apps just aren't compatible with a dual-LED phone yet, I can understand, but if this is not normal behavior (i.e. no one else is having this problem) I'd want to get a replacement from Verizon.

2. myko14

myko14 Member

I just restored MotoLED Torch with TiBU. It doesn't work at all. I will try a couple of others directly from market and see if I have better luck.

3. Heelpir8

Heelpir8 Member

"Brightest Flashlight" is excellent.

4. Dubie220

Dubie220 Newbie

I used droidlight on my D1. It is working on my X2 also.

5. i_am_booked

i_am_booked Member

droid light works on mine as well with no issues. sounds like you have a defective set of led's if they dont stay on. i would take it back to verizon asap.

6. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

Tesla works on my wife's X2 perfectly...has a nice widget too.

7. ZeroOveride

ZeroOveride Member

I use Motorola Droid Light as well and notice that if the screen locks of goes to sleep the lights will go out. This is something it did not due on any of my previous Droid devices.

8. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback. I went back to Verizon and loaded TeslaLED on a model unit to confirm that my LEDs were faulty. An hour later, I am rooting a replacement device and getting it back the way I like it WITH working LEDs!

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews