1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root LED hack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mjb413, Sep 26, 2010.

1. mjb413

mjb413 New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Is there any program or other way do turn off the screen LEDs for example when docked at night? LEDs Hack from the market has an option for Hero with Froyo. I emailed the developer, but didnt know if anyone here had any solutions. I'm running KF v35-1 btw. I was looking at replacing my clock on my bedside table with a dock that would hold the phone upright so I could see the time. I can keep the display on, but wanted the bright lights on the front off. With the program below, I can turn off all LEDs except the white ones behind the home, menu, back and search keys. I tried all the different phones. One of the first times I tried it, the LEDs all went out and would not come back on. Did a reboot and dalvk wipe which restored the LEDs. I went back through all the devices again and could not repeat the result of getting all lights out. The Hero version can stop all LEDs except the leds i mentioned. Thanks for the help.

http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...hack-wmjD.aspx

Advertisement

2. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Check out Kaloer clock from the market.

3. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Miranda
    what about turning off the leds in other apps? ie, they stay on while reading aldiko/ebooks