1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LED Notifications not working?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Reverence, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Reverence

Reverence Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    For some reason my notifications with the LED stopped working. It was working fine before, but now the LED doesn't flash when I have new messages. Am I missing something? I checked all the settings, but nothing seems to be working.

Advertisement

2. Groid

Groid Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    The led will only blink when in sleep mode (screen off). If your screen is on there is no need for the led because you have the notification present. With the screen off you can't see the notification so the led blinks. The led will blink with screen off until you clear the notification.

3. Reverence

None

Jun 21, 2010
    There is no LED notification when the screen is off.

4. Reverence

None

Jun 21, 2010
    LMAO, oops. I got the Incipio case at verizon and it covers the LED =\

5. Groid

Groid Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank goodness. I wonder how many of these 'My led doesn't blink' threads are because of cases that were not designed properly to expose the led.

6. Reverence

None

Jun 21, 2010
    You would think the case makers would factor that in. It was probably too small and they didn't even notice it was there. They managed to provide holes for both noise cancelling mics on the back and everything else, but they blocked the LED notification, and that is a case directly from Verizon. I like the case, but I might have to return it for that reason :rolleyes:

7. Gerkle

Gerkle Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    I had the exact same issue and I have the incipio case aswell. I poked a hole in the rubber to reveal the led though. I used the metal tip of a ball point pen and it was pretty simple, the only diffuculty being alignment. I can post pictures if you'd like.

8. Reverence

None

Jun 21, 2010
    Yeah, please do. I would be interested.

On a side note, I e-mailed Incipio support and they said are working on re-designing the case and if I send them my proof of purchase they will send me the re-designed case in a week or two.

9. earlyhike

earlyhike Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2010
    I CAN in fact confirm there can be a problem with the Bionic LED absent of a case. I haven't had a case for the last 4 days and mine never blinks the notification while in sleep mode. When about to go in to sleep mode it blinks once and then never again. So I know the light lights up but fails to ever serve its purpose.

VZ store had no clue. Two levels of VZ phone tech support had no clue. The final suggestion was to call Motorolla and use the NoLED app!

So from my perspective I get the sense the LED light doesn't work properly for anyone at all and we all need a software update from Motorolla to get it working. But many of you seem to be claiming that the LED notifications work as they should.

Incredibly confusing! Love the phone all around but no one wants to take responsibility for this issue.

10. Lee Majors

Lee Majors Member
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    So-Cal
    My LED worked for the first couple of days...............now it does not.......I do not have a cover yet!

11. earlyhike

earlyhike Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2010
    UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Motorolla who absolutely confirmed that the Droid Bionic DOES have an led notification light and it should blink with notifications while in sleep mode. If it doesn't you DO need to exchange for a new phone regardless of how confused Verizon might be.

12. earlyhike

earlyhike Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2010
    @LeeMajors

Went into a VZ shop today to swap my bionic for a new one. The new one had the same problem. A VZ employee had functional notifications until he removed an exchange email account from the phone -then the notifications stopped working.

13. Nonyaz

Nonyaz Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    I just registered to follow this issue. My bionic is behaving exactly like earlyhike describes, light flow app does nothing for me.

14. bob1234

bob1234 Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    I'm having the same issue. No LED notification for anything. I don't want to return my phone and have to re-install all my settings when the issue could be fixed with a software update. I am very frustrated as I waited for this phone for a very long time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

15. mokamoto

mokamoto Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2010
    I'm experiencing the same issue with no led. I really like the phone, but the mounting issues with it are starting to make me consider returning it.

16. Nonyaz

Nonyaz Lurker
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Good news! Because I bought my phone from Amazon, having the excellent support that they do, they overnighted me a new phone. Unfortunately, it had the exact same problem right out of the box. I didn't have anything personalized yet, so I did a factory reset (from the settings > privacy menu) and had it erase the sd card as well, when it rebooted, I initially skipped setting up my Google account, and sent myself a text message. It worked! I later setup my Google account, rebooted, and confirmed its still working. So try that out guys, and see if that will work. I know its a little counterintuitive to factory reset a brand new phone, but perhaps Verizon or Motorola broke the LED with a last minute patch before they shipped the phone.

DanDroide likes this.