• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LED Notifications not working

They still work, but I believe only when the screen is off. In theory, you shouldn't need to have LEDs blinking when you would also get a notification in the tray up top. It's just redundant. So when the screen is off, you can't see the notification tray, then the LEDs kick in. When screen is on, only notifications on top are used.
Or at least thats how I understood it with the newer 2.1 (ere & ese) ROMs.
I've been flashing so much the last week I can't keep up with who has what anymore haha.

Upvote 0
They still work, but I believe only when the screen is off. In theory, you shouldn't need to have LEDs blinking when you would also get a notification in the tray up top. It's just redundant. So when the screen is off, you can't see the notification tray, then the LEDs kick in. When screen is on, only notifications on top are used.
Or at least thats how I understood it with the newer 2.1 (ere & ese) ROMs.
I've been flashing so much the last week I can't keep up with who has what anymore haha.

Well I like it when the LED flashes all the time, even when the screen is on. Btw, the newer 2.1s don't do what you say, they still flash. But that's not the problem,my LED doesn't flash even when my phone is idle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones