1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LED Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by excav8ter, Mar 18, 2016.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

Mar 14, 2010
    Holland, Michigan
    Can anyone tell me if the S7 has different colors of notifications, for different apps? My S5 had Blue for text, email and calendar. Green for Kik, purple for Yahoo and a light blue for another app I use. Now, with the S7, all I have is Blue. I don't know about the Yahoo notification yet, as I haven't used yahoo mail in a long time....

Thank you.

P.S..... this S7 is amazing. I am loving it and the Marshmallow update.

Advertisement

2. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert
    None

Jun 19, 2014
    Male
    It's usually only blue and green (notifications and calls/texts) for sammy apps, but most other apps control it. So for example i get orange for tapatalk notifications. Most of the time it flashes blue. If you want even more control then you'll need a 3rd party app, there's another thread about it in here.

excav8ter likes this.
  3. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

Mar 14, 2010
    Holland, Michigan
    Interesting. I used to get a green LED for Kik and FB Messages. Blue for text and email. Purple for Yahoo, and a "white" LED for another message apposted. Now it's just blue.
    I tried a 3rd party app for LED control, but I kept getting a purple LED that flashed for no apparent reason. I may download it again today and play with it some more. If you know of a good, simple way to change the LED, let me know... :)

Thanks!

4. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    When using any third party LED control app on the S7, you need to disable LED notifications in each app that you want the third party app to control. Sadly, the Gmail app does not have a "switch" for this, so if using Gmail, you will need to switch to "Google Inbox"in order for the third party app to work properly for Gmail.

5. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    I don't understand. What is google inbox?

6. tarponbeach

None

Nov 3, 2009
    Google Inbox is a Google App that takes the place of the Gmail App.

7. tmcarter

tmcarter Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    @tarponbeach re: Third Party LED control... Exactly how do you disable the "LED notifications" for each app. the options i see is to be notified or not. Can you say specifically how you've done that please?

8. tarponbeach

None

Nov 3, 2009
    tm, Not all Apps have the ability in their settings menu to either turn on/off LED notifications. As an example, the Gmail App does not, which is why I switched to Google Inbox, which does have the ability to turn off App driven LED notifications. I use Textra for SMS, which also has the LED on/off ability. The GoogleVoice app also has the ability to turn off LED notifications.

Essentially, if an APP is trying to send LED notifications, a third party APP like Light Manager cannot usually get control of the notification, so one needs to stop the APP from attempting to do so.

9. jack58

jack58 Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    Male
    Photography, Computers
    Tacoma, WA

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.