1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LED, ring, desktop tabs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harmstrong, Jan 13, 2014.

1. harmstrong

harmstrong Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    Have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with AT&T that keeps flashing blue led and have no messages either text or phone. This happens when the screen is off. What does this light indicate? I have not yet set up a connection to email or other notifications to my knowledge. Had someone at Radio Shack do initial setup.

Also, the phone does not ring when the phone is turned off. It also does not ring when the phone is just in sleep mode. Does anyone know what I need to do to make sure that I get calls? I have the volume all the way up and have it set to both ring and vibrate.

Thirdly, I had a tab to the right that was on the desktop screen that took me to apps I think (was a bar at the right of the screen) and the Radio Shack person removed it when I suggested that it might get in the way. How do I add it back or add other tabs onto the desktop screen?

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    For the tab, try holding the back button and see if the tab comes backs on.

As for the blue blinking light, check to see if you have the app called light manager, if you do, go into settings and see what the blue light is set for as notification.

As for the phone not ringing, umm that could be a lot of reasons, have you tried calling your phone, to see if the calls go though ?? or is it going straight into Vmail.

One more thing, what firmware are you on, go into setting, about phone, and give us that info.

saltz likes this.
  3. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    Male
    Process Engineer
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Just a shot in the dark, but could you possibly have your ringtone tone set to "silent?" That would be a plausible reason that calls don't ring, but your volume is all the way up.

As for the multitask bar, if DonB's suggestion doesn't bring it back, use two fingers to pull down the notification bar. That should show you a bunch of buttons to toggle settings on and off. Check and make sure "Multi Window" is green. Once you get it back, the suggestion that DonB made will allow you to display it or remove it from the display simply.

Good luck,

DonB and saltz like this.
  4. womb raider

womb raider Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 30, 2011
    Glos.
    I've also had the blinking blue notification light in the past, but with no actual notifications. It's only happened 3-4 times since I've had the phone so hasn't really been a problem but I would like to know what's causing it.

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    It could also be a hidden notification, for example, I would get a Skype message at times and there was no Skype notification, but the blue light would flash, so it has also happened to me before too. ;)

6. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2012
    This happens when you have it set to show u data when u hover ur hand over it. When it goes back dark the led flashes till u press the power button.