1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root LeeDrOid 2.3d (with A2SD+) SD Card Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tanjinjack, Feb 11, 2011.

1. tanjinjack

tanjinjack Lurker

Hi all,

I have just rooted my phone and flashed it into the LeeDrOiD 2.3d with A2SD+, but it seems the memory shown from "Setting->SD&Phone Storage" somehow confuses me.

I have a SD Card of 4GB (comes together with the phone).
    I partitioned it with ROM Manager, 512MB for the EXT3 with 0MB swap size.
    So, I made a full wipe, and flashed the LeeDrOid ROM.
    The phone tells me that I have 3.2GB of SD storage with 3.2GB of them free, and says about 130MB for internal memory.
    (I was thinking that, the 512MB went missing.)

I tried to partition again and flashed the ROM again, and I reached the point of 3.2GB SD storage with 2.7GB free, and also 130MB for internal memory.
    (I think that the missing 0.5GB is probably taken by the EXT3 partition.)

But that leaves me with 0.5GB missing. How can I rectify this problem?

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

You need to now look at it using gparted. You probably now have 2x EXT partitions.

for info, in sd and phone storage doesnt change when you have a2sd+. You need "Quick system info" from the market to tell you what space is free / used for as2d.

See FAQ in my sig.

The best thing now is to download gparted either live CD (bootable CD) or USB (Bootable), boot into it, mount the card and see what you have

3. snowwhite

snowwhite Well-Known Member

With apps 2 sd do u keep apps on phn or move them to sd?

4. tanjinjack

tanjinjack Lurker

I flashed again, and it seems normal now?
    From Quick System Info PRO,
    SD card storage: 3.02GB free of 3.21GB (disk space taken up by the images of the Titanium Backup I put back - but they take up 121MB only)
    A2SD storage: 262MB free of 457MB
    Internal storage: 95.71MB free of 148MB

Above shown are after I restored my apps via Titanium Backup.
    This looks normal I guess, is it?

5. GrenW

GrenW Android Expert

Looks normal to me

6. tanjinjack

tanjinjack Lurker

Let's say I want to flash another ROM that supports EXT3, I do not need to redo the partition right?

7. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Right. But you may well need to wipe so take titanium backups before flashing. Providing the new rom is set for apps to install internally (if it has this option) it should reinstall via titanium to ext.

8. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Android Expert

If you flash a custom ROM which supports Apps2SD+ (like LeeDroid 2.3d in this instance) you don't need to do anything with your apps. You don't move them anywhere.

It will say your apps are stored on your phone. However, if working correctly, they will be stored on your SD card.

sixfootsnake likes this.
  9. reza_soll

reza_soll Lurker

hello
    my radio is 32.54.00.32 and i've installed leedroid 2.2f,after that everytime when i enter to market,after some minutes showing the loading message it suddenly goes out of market and my homescreen shows,what the problem and what should i do?

10. GrenW

GrenW Android Expert

First thing I'd do would be to flash 2.3d the latest version. If you don't want to do that try clearing market data and cache.

11. reza_soll

reza_soll Lurker

i have tried both before, i installed 2.3d and also cleared cache and data of market,but it didnt help:(

Tags: