1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LeeDrOiD Kernel plus extra OC?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mehta23, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

I have flashed the kernal fine, and it seems alright, only I don't know if I should leave it like it is - or whether further overclock would help speed up my phone ( sometimes stutters when playing games etc)
    So I downloaded no frills CPU came across something called a govener, which one is best?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

3. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

smart ass or smartassv2?
    also , I might be switching to ARHD 7.0.2 ( Sens3.5) so could I use the same kernal/governer?

also , just had a quick look at the differences between CFS and BFS .. which BFs do you recommend?

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

If his kernel offers SmartassV2, go for it. You should be able to use the kernel with the Sense 3.5 ROM too.

I've only used BFS a couple of times, I prefer CFS so not really sure on that. What are the options?

5. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

I dont really understand waht smartass does .. could you explain in noob english?

the only sense BFS i can find are older ones : - LeeDrOiD GB V3.2.1 - 2.6.35.14 BFS
    lordmod BFS V413

also , what the I/O? something about iv , or deadline ? noop?

6. El Presidente

VIP Member

I'm not sure about the older BFS kernels, whether or not they work with Sense 3.0. I imagine they would, but can't say for certain.

In basic terms, the governor just dictates what speed the processor works at, vs the load that's being applied and how much power is needed. When the phone is idle, the work the phone does is minimal, so the governor lowers the CPU speed and power applied. When it comes out of idle, the governor decides what is needed for the task at hand and applies the correct load accordingly. SmartassV2 is a good balance of speed Vs power.

I think your I/O or scheduler dictates how traffic is delivered to and from the CPU. Whether it's done all at once (or in massive chunks), but slowly or tiny bits at once, but very quickly. That's my understanding anyway.

If you want to make that simple, think about it like this. A bus can take 60 people to a location 60 miles away. It can either take all 60 people at once, taking 2 hours travelling at 30 miles an hour, OR it can take them in two trips, taking 30 people at a time, but travel at 90 miles an hour (because it has to go there and come back).

It's not something I've ever worried about, so I wouldn't give it too much thought.

Mehta23 likes this.
  7. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

Great explanation , I actually get it now ;)

8. El Presidente

VIP Member

9. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

Also, by flashing the new ARHD rom, and copying the Daemon app, I now have it on my Sense 3.0 ARHD , and it seems a bit nice to use , although the undervolt stuff doesn't work

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews