1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Left side Touchscreen problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Braxos, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Braxos

Braxos Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Germany
    Ok I just updated to kj9 via kies in Germany except the browser brightness color management on it I saw Talkback keyboard. I noticed a problem on the left side of the touchscreen, so I used Swype keyboard and the pen to draw a Swype line on the left side, so the line touched the down side of the space icon of the space from the other side the right side if I do the same the line touched the down side of the space box meaning you got a difference of 1-2mm. Because I noticed it after updating to 2.3.6 kj9 from 2.3.5 kj4 I don't know if it a touchscreen problem or a touchscreen offset allocation at the ROM. Any ideas tomorrow is the 14 day from buying the note and the day I could return it with no problem. Anyone else has the same thing?

Here is the Android 2.3.6 picture after coloring it with the pen you can see the right side having not filed up at it should be.

Same space has the pen with Swype on the bottom. As I noticed

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Phandroid app

Advertisement

2. Braxos

Braxos Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Germany
    Guys need some help [​IMG] as you can see on the picture the stylus can't draw on the right screen side. As you start on the top of the screen with a small pen size you can draw as you go down you go away from the edge of the display and it leaves a space not colored. I was on the shop I bought it the Note they have for the public has the same issue. Dunno if it is only those or all devices they offered a exchange of the device but I want again the 14 days money back guarantee. So if the issue sustains I could make my mind and replace the note or get money back.

3. Braxos

Braxos Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Germany
    here are some pics for this thread !

Attached Files:

4. theelo

theelo Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    Romania
    Did you have the problem before updating? If not it's probably a firmware bug that will be fixed with the next release. However it may help to report it so they can be aware of it. You can also try to revert to the last one used.
    Upgrading shortly after a new release can bring you a lot of headaches as none is aware of the contained bugs.

5. Braxos

Braxos Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Germany
    I did go to the shop i bought it to check the phone they have for the customers it has the same problem and it has 2.3.5 and not 2.3.6 like my atm. So it isnt a Firmware problem it is a Software problem for sure.

I got what is Wrong with it the guy or guys who made the software for the pen where lazy bitches. when you Pick RIGHT or LEFT handed they made it so that the Recognition area of the PEN on the screen moves to left (if you pick Roght Hand) and right ( if you pick Left Handed) and they didnt have time or brains to offset just the point of the PEN on the screen like you press at 1,1 on the X Y axes but it would show 1.1,1.1 so you can seee where you are drawing on the screen and not be unter the PEN tip, insteed they moves the area 2 mm to left or right so you have a gap on each side

CLAP CLAP for the coders !!!!

here is the Photo Editor with LEft handed picked on Pen !!!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49598843/export_08.png

and here again for Right hand

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49598843/export_07.png

6. theelo

theelo Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    Romania
    [Update] 2.3.6 works fine here and no sign of error when drawing or writing near the edges. Is it possible to be something wrong with German update?

However, the pen still doesn't write exactly where you put it, it's shifted about 2 mm. Pentile screen seems to be the reason for this behavior. It comes with bad and goods. I don't know if there's a fix for that in the future updates, but I hope for the best.

7. Braxos

Braxos Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Germany

Hmmm maybe there is something with the German version, I got today someone on the s-bahn he had a note too so I asked if I could check it out his has the same problem so now there are 5 phones with this 3 I checked them my self 2 from forums.

P.S. Did you use photo editor to check it? Because smemo is working fine because it has a rand where you can not go to the edge.

Open photo editor, pick a picture, go down right corner, open selection, pick pen, hold phone on portrait view try to draw right if you have Spen configured for right hand, left if you have spen configured for left hand. If you can draw from top to bottom then you are lucky or we are unlucky. :p

I will post a link to a YouTube video where the guy is showing aka explain how photo editor can be used. Where he draws a line on right and it dissent go to the edge and you can see it clearly

8. Braxos

Braxos Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Germany