• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Legit question, WHERE is the best place to buy?

htmlcssguru

Jun 28, 2010
I'm at a crossroads here on where is the best place to buy the EVO. Here's what i've discovered after HOURS of research and checking around:

1) Sprint store
Pros: 30 day return policy, can probably get exchanges faster if there's a problem. They offer free 1 month's service for extending my contract, ($129.95 in the plus column), loaner phones IF needed, waive activation fees if upgrading
Cons: Have to pay $299 then apply for rebate, have to wait for the rebate check up to 8 weeks.

2) Wirefly.com
Pros: They have a ridiculous low price if you purchase with the Bing cashback promo this weekend where it 'nets' at $109.99, NO rebate to deal with (apparently they do the same thing as BestBuy.
Cons: Their customer service sucks (hardly spoke English), 14 day return policy, who knows how long a replacement would take to get if the phone had an issue, no 'loaners' if a problem.

3) BestBuy
Pros: No rebate hassles and $199 for phone. Willing to waive activation fees, etc.
Cons: Same problem with returns as WireFly, their sales people are not 'techies' like the Sprint people are

Anyone have any pros/cons to offer on these? Or, any other experiences with other avenues in purchasing the phones? I've already contacted Sprint directly regarding all my account upgrades and concessions. My original fear is they would not honor those unless I bought the phones directly through them instead of a 3rd party vendor. Turns out they really didn't care where I bought the phones.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones