1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lenovo Chromebook Duet keyboard

Discussion in 'Other Androids' started by thaKing, Apr 20, 2021.

1. thaKing

thaKing Android Enthusiast

I recently acquired a Chromebook Duet and have a question about the keyboard. I didn't find a forum I thought fit properly so I hope this is the right place.

He default keyboard sucks, unless I can find settings to change it. It doesn't automatically put a space after a period or comma, it doesn't automatically capitalize the letter "I", and others I don't recall at this time.

I installed Swiftkey and set it to default. Perfect. I can use the keyboard for a while and then when I open something to use the keyboard, it's defaulted back to the standard Duet keyboard. When I go into the settings to enable Swiftkey again, it's not listed. I must reboot and then it's listed. I then select and enable Swiftkey all over again. I can't keep it selected.

So, anyone know how to set Swiftkey as the default permanently? Or how to adjust the settings on the default keyboard?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah on my pixelbook, i have never tried a different keyboard. i like the physical keyboard that it comes in. i rarely use it in tablet mode. i needed to type something i just flip it back to desktop mode.

just curious as to why you dislike the on screen keyboard so much.

4. thaKing

thaKing Android Enthusiast

Easy, customization. The default keyboard I can't do simple things like: after selecting a predicted word above the keyboard inserting a space after, inserting a space after using punctuation, auto-capitalization after ending a sentence, when selecting a predicted word if you choose to edit the word (say you select present tense and you go back to add an -ed to make it past tense) it treats the "ed" as a second word that you accidentally combined (example: I choose "present" from the predicted word list and backspace and add "ed" it will treat "ed" as a new word and auto-completes it to "presentEd" because it treated "ed" as a separate word and thus should be a name, "Ed".) Lots of corrections instead of it doing what I expect.