• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lenovo Chromebook Duet keyboard

thaKing

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2012
Lex Vegas
I recently acquired a Chromebook Duet and have a question about the keyboard. I didn't find a forum I thought fit properly so I hope this is the right place.

He default keyboard sucks, unless I can find settings to change it. It doesn't automatically put a space after a period or comma, it doesn't automatically capitalize the letter "I", and others I don't recall at this time.

I installed Swiftkey and set it to default. Perfect. I can use the keyboard for a while and then when I open something to use the keyboard, it's defaulted back to the standard Duet keyboard. When I go into the settings to enable Swiftkey again, it's not listed. I must reboot and then it's listed. I then select and enable Swiftkey all over again. I can't keep it selected.

So, anyone know how to set Swiftkey as the default permanently? Or how to adjust the settings on the default keyboard?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yeah on my pixelbook, i have never tried a different keyboard. i like the physical keyboard that it comes in. i rarely use it in tablet mode. i needed to type something i just flip it back to desktop mode.

just curious as to why you dislike the on screen keyboard so much.
Easy, customization. The default keyboard I can't do simple things like: after selecting a predicted word above the keyboard inserting a space after, inserting a space after using punctuation, auto-capitalization after ending a sentence, when selecting a predicted word if you choose to edit the word (say you select present tense and you go back to add an -ed to make it past tense) it treats the "ed" as a second word that you accidentally combined (example: I choose "present" from the predicted word list and backspace and add "ed" it will treat "ed" as a new word and auto-completes it to "presentEd" because it treated "ed" as a separate word and thus should be a name, "Ed".) Lots of corrections instead of it doing what I expect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones