1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lenovo K6 power Android caught with malware.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sumit Meshrsm, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Sumit Meshrsm

Sumit Meshrsm Lurker

Some system level apps get automatically installed in my device and shows ads at anytime anywhere on any screen even when mobile is not using, some background process runs in background and ads displays over mobile. I have captured one screenshot of which app is affecting my device as follows:
    [​IMG]
    As this above image suggests there is app named Internet which is showing ads but i found each n every corner of my device but unable to find this app over downloaded app section and system app section as well.
    Another app is affecting to my device is Package Installer this app is system level app but showing app and unable to disable and uninstall this app.

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I know with Lenovo, the "app named internet" is the stock Lenovo web browser. It sounds like it might have cached a bad website and it's been hijacked with ads. Try clearing its data and cache, that should reset it and clear the ads.

"package installer" is a system app on just about all Android devices, that's used to install all apps. To delete that you'd need to be root, but that would kill the ability to install any apps at all.