1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lenovo s750 dead - possible to check how it was used?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by powerpkalle, Oct 14, 2014.

1. powerpkalle

powerpkalle Lurker

Hi,

I had my smartphone for about 5 months when it suddenly died during the night when it was charging. It was not possible to start it in the morning och it did not indicate that the charger was connected. Sent it back to Pandawill where I bought it(12 month product warranty they say they have and I contacted the customer service before sending it and they said not to worry having to pay for the repair if the problem was a factory problem).

Not surprisingly I have now received a message saying that the motherboard must be replaced(outburnt) and that is caused by me since the technicians have observed that I have used the phone too much:thinking: . Used it too long time frequently....

This sounds as they are just trying to get me to pay another USD 81 to get it fixed since the product warranty is not applicable because they claim I'm responsible for the motherboard failure having used it too much
    I have a Motorola Defy mini and an HTC Desire S which I have used in the same way for years without problems and they are still working. I have been in touch with experienced HW developers and they say it is impossible to know if you have used it too long frequently. Poor design and/or bad hardware is more likely.

My questions in this Android forum are: Is it possible to say anything about how often and how long an Android phone has been used? Any logs anywhere?

Regards,
    Kalle

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Hello and welcome to Android Forums.

Using a phone too much or too frequently, they're telling you BS. Lenovos don't have any way of telling how much they've been used. Like most other phones, they have liquid damage indicators, but that's it.

So basically it's their word against yours. Thing is Pandawill are not an authorised Lenovo reseller and they're in China. So good luck with any legal action. Lenovo phones themselves are actually very good quality and well made, certainly as good as Samsung or HTC in my experience. But they're usually only available in Asia.

lunatic59 and Thom like this.
  3. powerpkalle

powerpkalle Lurker

Hi,

Yeah, using a phone too much seemed rather strange:-D. Not a very useful phone if I have to shut it down now and then so I don't risk using it too much:-D.
    Liquid indicator damage - if the phone has been exposed to moisture, right? This is a waterproof model so they maybe thought it would sound strange if it would be such a damage.

Yes, my opinion about Lenovo is that it is a well-known brand and should offer good quality compared to some no-name phone but I was not lucky in this case. I'm prepared not to see my phone again so it's just a waste of time taking legal actions but I will for sure join the choir of disappointed and dissatisfied Pandawill customers.

They are pushing me to make a fast decision to pay and repair the phone but I'm in no hurry. I'm going to send them an email where I tell them your and the other information I have and demand that they fulfill the promise in the product warranty and repairs the phone at no cost and returns it to me. They will probably ignore my request but then I will not have any remorse joining the choir mentioned above.

They were very fast to send me an RMA for return and now it seems like the phone will never come to me again. Maybe it is possible that they repair it and sell it again that's why they were so fast to have me returning it....just a thought. It is easier to make people pay if the phone is already sent to them too.

Regards,
    Kalle

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Another chime in for the fact that what they're telling you is pure BS.

I've had some of my devices on without restarting for months on end, use it for wifi tethering while charging everyday, while browsing on it, sending messages or calls. Heck my 5yr old Galaxy S still works fine even after what I would call an abusing usage pattern (managed to burn out 3 batteries).

That said though, it may be a battery burn out in your case. Not sure of the battery is covered by warranty, but 81USD is highway robbery for a battery.

5. powerpkalle

powerpkalle Lurker

Hi,

The end of this story was happy:). After having argued with the after sales department for a week without success, I wrote to their forum and told my story and pointed out that there was another guy with the same problem that the phone died after approximately six months and he bought it in October and I bought my the following January. This must indicate that there was some bad hardware in the phones. A couple of days later I got a message saying that the phone would be repaired without charge since I was a first time buyer.

Now I have received my phone repaired and fully working so I am glad and happy:).

Regards,
    Kale