1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Lenovo S856 Dont boot

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Styrwirld, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Styrwirld

Styrwirld Lurker

Hello guys, Im having this problem with my Lenovo S856, where I installed a new rom, it ended ok, installation successful, and then the phone doesnt boot, it only shows the Lenovo screen forever, I still can go into recovery mode, but dunno what to do.

This is the guide I was doing:
    http://firmwarefile.com/lenovo-s856

Any help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

Go into recovery, do a factory reset, and reflash the ROM.

3. Styrwirld

Styrwirld Lurker

Yes, thats exactly what I do, but every rom I tried, i got stucked at the lenovo logo, all the times.

4. androidmachine

Do you give it enough time? Sometimes it can take a looooooonnnng time on first boot.

5. Styrwirld

Styrwirld Lurker

How much should I wait exactly?

6. androidmachine

Well, it's going to vary based on the device and the ROM. Mine takes 5-10 minutes.

7. Styrwirld

Styrwirld Lurker

15min and it doesnt go through, dunno whats happening, according to what Im reading, my phone its chinese, I bought it online, and when I tried to put the "US" rom, it broke something, and installing the chinese rom woulr be the solution, but I cannot get the chinese .qsb, I only found a folder to be installed with Flash Tools, but I dont know how to use the program.

8. androidmachine

Are there any other ROMs available for this model? Is there a CyanogenMod ROM? I don't know because I'm not familiar with that device.

I use CyanogenMod and it's about as close to a professional ROM as one can get.

9. Styrwirld

Styrwirld Lurker

Sadly i couldnt find a cyanogenmod, Lenovo is not even listed in their webpage download section.

I managed to find a chinese and a original from their website rom but they are not .qsb files and i dont know how to install them with the recovery

10. Styrwirld

Styrwirld Lurker

RESOLVED

I just needed to wipe everything and perform a clean install!, thanks guys!

androidmachine likes this.