• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Less frequent/none random reboots?

schmaltzy

Nov 8, 2009
Anyone have lees or even no random reboots over the last couple days? Mine was rebooting 5-8 times a day and I don't remember it doing it at all this weekend. Also, last night I had softball and I didn't get a single reboot! The week before when I was there, it rebooted 4 times over the course of 2 hours. I don't know if there was a fix with the towers or what. But I haven't noticed any reboots for a couple days. Just thought I would see if anyone has noticed the same?

Anyone have lees or even no random reboots over the last couple days? Mine was rebooting 5-8 times a day and I don't remember it doing it at all this weekend. Also, last night I had softball and I didn't get a single reboot! The week before when I was there, it rebooted 4 times over the course of 2 hours. I don't know if there was a fix with the towers or what. But I haven't noticed any reboots for a couple days. Just thought I would see if anyone has noticed the same?
I had 3 yesterday which has been the standard. I notice it is mostly when I am on the phone.

Upvote 0
Had 3 yesterday - one during a crucial business conference call. Its to the point where I would almost say a crapple is looking pretty nice as this point. Mixed with my spotting 4G (constantly going in and out) in downtown Chicago (should be perfect 4G) it is almost unusable. Overall this was the most promising android phone on Verizon. However I would have to say its been the most disappointing. Had to do a factory reset within 2 months of having the phone. Build quality had me return the first one, second one's kickstand paint is already wearing off and will be gone within 6 months. Its a piece of junk. Sorry I gave it a chance but honestly the minute my 12 month contract is up I will be saying goodbye to HTC forever. This thing might as well be an old school Zach Morris cell phone because it needs to stay tethered to a powersource at all times. And yes I know how to maximize battery (3G/4G toggle, background data/juice defender blah blah blah).

But by far the reboots have pushed me over the edge 0 reboots before the update, anywhere from 3-7 a day that I have counted after the update and obviously when this phone reboots it sucks out 10-15-20% battery life each time so forget not keeping it tethered to a power source.

I want to love android but its just getting to the point where I can't trust it if im constantly looking over at my phone to make sure it doesnt reset randomly.

I hate blackberrys so don't even go there.

iphone 5, or iOS 5 please be more open. I will never look back.

Footnote - I had a OG Droid Rooted for about 14 months previous to the TB. Loved that phone until the end when i cracked the screen twice from drops and it started registering phantom touches and slowing down to the point I stopped using it to browse the mobile web cause it was painful to launch.

Upvote 0
Hey guys.....

Just wanted to apologize for this thread. My intention was not to stir up more hatred for the T-Bolt by bringing up the random reboot topic AGAIN. I know it's talked about enough already and there are already enough threads open that discuss the problem. I too hope the problem is fixed sooner than later.

I came from the D1. I loved my D1 but the hardware was out of date. I had been rooted for a while just to make it more appealing to my needs. I really like my T-Bolt, but the reboot thing keeps pushing me closer and closer to rooting.

Upvote 0
I was usually getting reboots 2-3 times a day, but as of right now, it hasn't rebooted in 58 hours. Also I noticed a shocking improvement in the battery since yesterday. I don't know what's going on or how long my good luck streak will last. The only thing that I've adjusted lately was backing up my apps through Astro. Though I don't see how that could make any difference. Fingers are crossed here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones