1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

let's continue to work together as a community of zmax 2 users to get root access

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AaronRoots24, Jan 29, 2016.

1. AaronRoots24

AaronRoots24 Newbie

#1 AaronRoots24, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    HumidSting likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Gift a willing dev a ZTE Zmax 2, and he or she might oblige you. :) Obviously devs can't make things for devices they don't have, OK.

Can you read and understand Chinese, with this being a Chinese phone. Many devs in China.

KOLIO and AaronRoots24 like this.
  3. AaronRoots24

AaronRoots24 Newbie

I contacted him. Thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated. Unfortunately no, I do not speak Chinese lol

4. AaronRoots24

AaronRoots24 Newbie

My problem is, I can barely afford a device for myself. We are thinking of doing up a donation for a well known dev with tons of zte experience

5. HumidSting

HumidSting Newbie

I work at Best Buy, and we have the AT&T version for $79.99, which is below cost. Might help out in someone getting a device to work on.

6. orrocsam

orrocsam Newbie

I was googling zmax 2 root and found this http://guideroot.net/how-to-root-zte-zmax-2/ but every time I try to download it the download fails. I have a really slow connection but if someone can check to see if it really works it would be much appreciated. I will keep trying and let everyone know if it worked.

7. HumidSting

HumidSting Newbie

Yeah no, both of those methods are crap. There is currently no viable rooting technique for the Zmax 2.

8. orrocsam

orrocsam Newbie

nevermind, that dingdong root app didnt work

9. orrocsam

orrocsam Newbie

10. HumidSting

HumidSting Newbie

You might wanna factory reset it; I don't trust those programs one bit.

11. AaronRoots24

AaronRoots24 Newbie

It's frustrating guys.. But eventually we will have root access. I got chewed out ohon xda for asking for help from devs.

MANLEY7878 likes this.
  12. DsyMnapTic

DsyMnapTic Android Expert

Yes that's to be expected, XDA devs are generally very exclusive about the type of phones they Dev on. Usually at least mid to high range phones and popular brands. This phone hasn't come close to making that much of an impact and probably won't, but no worries there's great Devs around here, they just can't make something out of nothing. Affordability of a donate device becomes a lot greater the more people you have throwing into the pot.

AaronRoots24 likes this.
  13. AaronRoots24

AaronRoots24 Newbie

You're right. I'm hoping someone well help me get a drone donor

14. phenomx4

phenomx4 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

I'm just a rom dev and not an expert in the rooting thing. What have you guys tried so far?

AaronRoots24 likes this.
  15. HumidSting

HumidSting Newbie

Let's start a donation pool. Only need 80 bucks, that's doable.

Ask AaronRoot24, he's the main guy. I have no idea what I'm doing.

16. AaronRoots24

AaronRoots24 Newbie

Basically at this point all of the one click methods and their pc counterparts. Every phone I've had I've been able to root, but want the first so I wasn't helpless. Here I am. There is no custom recovery, so no way tofor someone to create a script/su zip to simply flash, that I know of. Every exploit that the one click methods run, fails. There's a system security protocol that is blocking it, somehow. It's running 5.1. This is the first zte device I've had. I needed a budget phone and the specs are terrific for the price.

17. AaronRoots24

AaronRoots24 Newbie

So I'm lost. All of these other users need help as well.

18. HumidSting

HumidSting Newbie

I wonder if there's any button combination to get it into a recovery mode or what not.

19. Stephen Capes

Stephen Capes Lurker

Recovery, FTM, and Dload modes are easy to access. The problem at hand is that the Fastboot mode has been disabled by ZTE. Any efforts to access it will simply restart the phone. I have countless tools that can access the phone via dload and FTM, but the problem is... I have no raw boot image to flash. IF someone ever comes across a factory update image for the phone then that is when I can start the magic on my end. FTM and DLOAD modes are very dangerous, then do no follow the rules of signed updates. so bricking is very very easy.

HumidSting likes this.
  20. HumidSting

HumidSting Newbie

Have you, just taking a shot in the dark here, used a fastboot cable and seeing if that would work?

21. Stephen Capes

Stephen Capes Lurker

Honestly it's been so long since I had to use a fastboot cable that I completely forgot about that possibility. Like second gen kindle fire days. I have since then moved and have no clue where my modded cable went. I will just order a new one tomorrow. I don't have high hopes for it to work though.

22. HumidSting

HumidSting Newbie

I have one somewhere for, coincidentally, my 7" Kindle Fire HD; I'll try finding it tomorrow. If I do, what should I try/look for to see if fastboost is working?

23. orrocsam

orrocsam Newbie

24. HumidSting

HumidSting Newbie

AaronRoots24 likes this.
  25. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Just one persons opinion & some free advice from a disinterested party:
    I've watched this thread since its inception & apparently not much support of any kind for the project.
    If I were a developer capable of making anything happen,I'd skip right over this thread,based on the thread title.
    Sounds like it's coming from a snot-nosed spoiled brat with an unearned sense of entitlement.

If it were me,I'd start with a refresh of the thread title...............................