1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Let's Get CM Onto Avant!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crutchcorn, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Adknight87

Adknight87 Well-Known Member

Advertisement

2. j03lpr86

j03lpr86 Well-Known Member

Thats for kernel version 3.0 our is 3.4 only way to make it work is to use the core lte kernel source and patching it with the media-caf-new and display-caf-new patches to be able to compile it inline with cm source but for now im stuck with the s3 neo kernel source which is already patched. Reason why is idk about kernels unless some dev knows about kernels wants to jump on so we can build the kernel from scratch

3. Adknight87

I actually have a couple people one dropped out of the android deving but I'll ask. My system doesn't compile your device tree so I'm curious to how people are compiling otherwise I'm SOL on what's going on.

4. johnnyl1111

johnnyl1111 Android Expert

if i didnt already have to many infractions i would say something really nasty here.

5. Adknight87

Would it be something that could be insmod

Blu8 likes this.
  6. Adknight87

Someone compile the kernel and pass me the *.o compiled driver

7. Masterchief87

Masterchief87 Android Expert

It's really rude to go on a ROM's thread and ask for a different ROM because the one that's being made isn't good enough for you. There are much better Lollipop AOSP ROMs than Cm12 anyway. If you want to request a different ROM than the one being built then make a new thread and ask there without saying anything negative about what we already have.

8. Djoec3683

Djoec3683 Well-Known Member

Yea please don't do that its discouraging to the people working on it and disrespectful, instead of asking them for something else why don't you thank them for the FREE WORK they have already done, remember they don't get paid to do this.

9. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

I'm a complete noob guys, but I could use this CM as a base for porting other ROM's right?? To be honest I'm just bored and wanted to mess around with that.... Not like I know how to actually do it lol

10. johnnyl1111

yes you can but the bugs would remain for the most part. i have made ports that fixed some bugs in the past on the lg motion. usually you have to get devs permission to port their rom. but you can also make a baseless port that flashes only the changed files over cm

Blu8 likes this.
  11. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

12. johnnyl1111

type of phone doesnt matter. you can usually only port a cm11 rom to cm11 base. meaning if another phone has dirty unicorns with cm11 base you should be able to port it to avant cm11.

Blu8 and teyhota like this.
  13. teyhota

teyhota Newbie

Well I'm sorry. I didn't realize that was rude.

14. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

So going from a base KK rom to a Lollipop one isn't viable without actual knowledge on how to port a ROM?
    EDIT: Sorry for going so off-topic all of a sudden, I just have too much time lol

#1140 Blu8, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    codyedmonson and redsfan27 like this.
  15. johnnyl1111

porting a full lollipop rom would be alot more indepth than say just porting paranoid or dirty unicorns using avant cm as a base.

Blu8 likes this.
  16. johnnyl1111

porting paranoid or liquid smooth etc.. is easy. you just take a few files from the rom your porting from and copy them to avant cm11 rom. porting lollipop from another phone would be almost as difficult as building from source. maybe even more so in some cases. also i have found that porting from an aosp rom to a cm rom almost never works.

#1142 johnnyl1111, May 12, 2015
  17. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

Alright I see, I'll leave LP alone then, at least I didn't try that yet. I find it funny that the first try at PA installed but didn't finish booting and the second and third ones I messed up the updater script somewhere. haha I'll see what I can do thanks.
    EDIT: I was the middle of trying again with a rom for the hammerhead, and I realized that I'm deleting lines with "msm8226" in the updater script and replacing those with stuff from the nexus 5, isn't that a problem?? I stopped when I saw that but I'll try tomorrow with PA for the Grand 2.

#1143 Blu8, May 12, 2015
  18. Djoec3683

Anyone not rooted noticed a software update? I haven't done it yet but I got one today

19. redsfan27

redsfan27 Member

Yup. It enables band 12 if you didn't manually do it earlier.

Blu8 likes this.
  20. rck01

rck01 Newbie

Pulling it from sammobile since I'm not seeing the update OTA. Anyone check the release notes yet? Does it do anything positive other than enabling band 12?

RCK

21. Djoec3683

Don't think so, got my hopes up thinking it was lollipop

teyhota, Blu8 and redsfan27 like this.
  22. redsfan27

redsfan27 Member

I never got an ota as well. Had to do the same thing

23. rck01

rck01 Newbie

LOL! Had me excited there for a bit as well. :)

RCK

24. Djoec3683

Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Avant release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews