1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Let's Get CM Onto Avant!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crutchcorn, Jan 25, 2015.

1. ricki13th

ricki13th Well-Known Member

Do your thing, bro!

Advertisement

Blu8 likes this.
  2. DV_MaYhEm

DV_MaYhEm Newbie

I knew about that on the stock roms. It works, but the SM-G386T1 (Metro PCS Version) is locked on VoLTE, and the CM11 port didn't open that either.

The newest baseband on T-Mobile is G386TUVU1AOD7.

CM11 is running on G386TUVU1ANK3.

I flashed to the AOD7 update on my 386T1... VoLTE worked instantly. I just couldn't tether for some reason (even after flashing jo3lpr86's tether fix...) So yet another issue that must be looked into further.

So I swapped back to the stock MetroPCS rom that I backed up. I'm rooted... and tether provisioned... but I'm stuck losing internet connection momentarily when I receive a call, or have to make one... as it drops down to the HSPA+/UMTS signals instead of LTE.

brad65807 likes this.
  3. Djoec3683

Djoec3683 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of any fixes for the lock screen bug? Been digging around on the net can find stuff related to the lag issue on other devices, but can't seem to find a fix

4. brad65807

brad65807 Newbie

I have the same issue with signal changing when taking a call. Really screws up my tethering..Wish there was a fix.

5. exile1975

exile1975 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to backup the updated radio and repackage that to flash with cwm? Maybe using flashfire? Then use the stock metro ROM with the updated radio?

6. johnnyl1111

johnnyl1111 Android Expert

The update.zip from T-Mobile should just be a small zip but its hidden in the cache. But there's an app for that. Might be able to just open the zip and make a new flashable of its contents.

Masterchief87 likes this.
  7. Masterchief87

Masterchief87 Android Expert

I did that. Had to get my phone back to 100% official status then wait for ota to download then root again and finally pull the update.zip from /cache. Its a waste of time cause Sammy has the zips encrypted.

Blu8, codyedmonson and johnnyl1111 like this.
  8. dfuse06

dfuse06 Android Enthusiast

I've been able to mode the update script to flash the updates before I did on my g watch I lost root and had to root again but saved me time from going back to stock

9. Areo_Luxia

Areo_Luxia Member

So I just installed this with no problems everything works great for me. I barely notice the lock screen lag. Had trouble deleting my TWIRP backup at first; it was quite stubborn. But eventually figured it out and awesome job by the way . upon first install I felt it was suitable for a daily driver. Please let me know if I can do anything to help. I must donate if necessary. It's just nice to finally see some new beauty and hard work come out ever so effectively so swiftly. Like, thanks.

Blu8 likes this.
  10. brad65807

brad65807 Newbie

So you are saying you flashed G386TUVU1AOD7

Did you only try with the jo3lpr86's tether fix? i am thinking of trying flashing G386TUVU1AOD7 on my 386T1 and use Fabio Grasso's Wifi Tether Router and see what happens.

also. where did you get AOD7 update from?

11. johnnyl1111

johnnyl1111 Android Expert

i used wifi tether router to tether nexus player and worked fine but thats an android device.

12. brad65807

brad65807 Newbie

im just trying to get rid of the dropping of LTE while tethering when receiving or making a call.....

13. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

You can't change it, it does that automatically from android. It switches from LTE to 3G or H+. If you set it to just LTE, you can't make any calls because LTE is only set up for Data, no calling.

14. nextcode4u

nextcode4u Member

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...on/blob/cm-12.1/include/hardware/camera.h#L97

Recalling that you had the same error with the g3 in a pacman ROM and how they fixed it in there tree I think someone should take a look at this I beilive this could fix the camera and even keep the stock cm camera app .... Even the ability to change the camera resolution with no issue

I use the g3 as well and and researching old g3 roms a lot had to do with the issue with the camera and when I copied my camera.ms****.so to that ROM it worked but only at 1080p

Attached Files:

15. beardman76

beardman76 Lurker

Hey guys, really appreciate what you're doing. Extreme noob question, but where can I download the most recent version of cm for it? Thanks
    Kevin

16. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

http://androidforums.com/threads/rom-cm-11.919575/
    Instructions are there, flash rom, camera fix, then gapps

17. Nickforever216

Nickforever216 Well-Known Member

Reverted back to stock, going to wait till rom more stable. Anyone got link to stock tether provision fix? Maybe I missed it. Didn't see it when I went through bunch of pages. Thanks!

18. dfuse06

I just want to point something out about the lag and lock screen @ j03lpr86
    In your source is using a different CPU target variant
    [​IMG]

Look at the target variant from the boot.img I extracted to build philz recovery
    [​IMG]

#1418 dfuse06, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  19. j03lpr86

j03lpr86 Well-Known Member

I was just basing it of the s3 neo and every msm8226 device thats using the krait target variant

ricki13th and Masterchief87 like this.
  20. dfuse06

Cool man I am just trying to help out I updated my github from what I forked from you. I'm working on an app right now and then I'm gonna work on the tree some more.

21. jack_hard

jack_hard Newbie

Hats off for all your exceptional work for people you don't even know u are a beast

Cobra11Murderer likes this.
  22. Sylaous

Sylaous Lurker

I apologise if this has already been covered, I just falshed this rom and my data connection shows either 3G or H+ is there some setting that needs to be changed to get LTE?

23. ricki13th

ricki13th Well-Known Member

Try changing the APN to the carrier you have. For Example: Metro PCS LTE. Also change the preferred network type to LTE.

24. Sylaous

Sylaous Lurker

Did that, nothing changed.

25. Nickforever216

Nickforever216 Well-Known Member

I had this problem. Toggle the data and lte on/off. Should do the trick.

Blu8 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Avant release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews