1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Let's Get CM Onto Avant!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crutchcorn, Jan 25, 2015.

1. thegibbon

thegibbon Newbie

Why'd you get this phone then? XD
    Was the price just too good? :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

Lol alright let's not scare the guy away, I think it's pretty kind of him to want to help us out :D

3. dfuse06

dfuse06 Android Enthusiast

Man now I'm really jealous!

Cobra11Murderer likes this.
  4. lane_w

lane_w Newbie

hey guys, spent last night drinking beers and setting up the server, still got some more things to setup like android tools, java, minor stuff.. The reason to buy the phone is 1 i got it for 113 buck with a case and screen protector from one of my girl friends at tmobile, and I want to start veering away from linux development and dive head first into android development. dfuse06 can you recommend any reading any helpful advise and i know im going to be new to arm but i can compile anything in chroot for linux on top of lots of other things but dont know how that would be useful to you guys now.... I have been using android since 2.2 and know odin, and fastboot, and adb. I figure the galaxy avant would be perfect to start learning, you gotta start somewhere just like i did when i got into linux development.

Masterchief87 likes this.
  5. dfuse06

Do you hardware driver kernel? We really need a hardware guy. I'm more off a java.

6. lane_w

lane_w Newbie

explain a little bit more i dont think i understand, you mean and kernel to hardware guy?

7. dfuse06

Yeah like the proximity sensor is broken in cm I J03 said he is gonna figure it out but it is driving me crazy. BTW the kernel source from Samsung takes forever and a day to download. I've been digging through that kernel source for days

8. lane_w

lane_w Newbie

link me please

9. dfuse06

I have the whole device tree I haven't committed anything yet but it is just minor changes anyways and for lollipop the cm dependencies of caf new have to go lp only uses caf. I should have a 5.1.1 branch soon but it is a heated mess lol
    https://github.com/dfuse06?tab=repositories

10. lane_w

lane_w Newbie

this will be my one of my backups i bought a zmax also and been tryin to get temp root and its been a pain in the back side

11. malnash52

malnash52 Member

Any updates on how cm12 is going

12. lane_w

lane_w Newbie

dfuse06: i went and got a new quad core laptop with 8 gig of ram and set it up with win10 and im going to setup bbbqlinx arch install as soon as this zmax gets rooted which is being a pain to root and will jump on git and help as soon as these things are done. I will be working on these 2 phones for a little while.

13. Adknight87

Adknight87 Well-Known Member

Isn't this a cm11 thread? Updates are posted on the devs time we all have lives. The issues were always the same so unless you know a thing or two about adding drivers to a new kernel for a proximity sensor then deploying it in a android environment then the only update you'd need to know is the progress of your own work. So think twice about asking for a status check because having a little patients goes a long way to having the finishing product you want.

14. nmaxwell_

nmaxwell_ Well-Known Member

I thought dfuse said he was dropping cm11 and moving to AOKP/other things

dfuse06 likes this.
  15. dfuse06

I made another thread for cm but I haven't update it because I'm working on AOKP

rgkelley87 likes this.
  16. malnash52

malnash52 Member

You did oh my bad

dfuse06 likes this.
  17. dfuse06

Altri_ and Blu8 like this.
  18. dfuse06

rgkelley87 and Blu8 like this.
  19. rgkelley87

rgkelley87 Lurker

is it just me or is my cm11 acting up on me? i been using cm11 for about a week now everytging was good till everyone started telling me that they were calling me and my calls werent going through. There was a couple of times when i would try to dial out and it would automatically say CALL ENDED. Reboot fixed the problem but now its happenening more often. Besides this everything seems perfect for me. Is tgis a glitch or is anyone else having similar problems?

20. Masterchief87

Masterchief87 Android Expert

Your network preference is probably set to LTE only. I had the same problem on aokp.

21. dadcup

dadcup Android Expert

so who building rom now

22. dfuse06

You are sir

Sai Poluri, rgkelley87 and malnash52 like this.
  23. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

There's really nobody here to build roms for us at the moment, we have one person trying to build cm12.1 but its not working out so well. The only other dev we have is J03l and I honestly don't know where he went.

dadcup and rgkelley87 like this.
  24. rgkelley87

rgkelley87 Lurker

hmm yes i had been doing alot of that lately... very poor signal and hardly ever see LTE so i admit i was putting preference LTE only. Thank you for your reply. Im back to stock now, but going back in recovery to my cm backup

Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Avant release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews