1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Let's Get CM Onto Avant!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crutchcorn, Jan 25, 2015.

1. iiAriesii

iiAriesii Member

Are any of the bugs fixed? Just Curious?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

Idk did you fix any? Or give logs? You're also asking the wrong person on the wrong forum

3. DeadHack69

DeadHack69 Newbie

Happy Father's Day to all you dads in Android land!

dfuse06 likes this.
  4. beardman76

beardman76 Lurker

somebody please help me out. where can I get the cm11 version? it seems you guys have finished it and moved on to cm12. please give me a link for just cm11 :) thanks for all the work you do!

5. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

Or you could go back into the thread list and scroll down a little

6. beardman76

beardman76 Lurker

k this sounds dumb but I am freakishly new to AF and how do I even do that. a link would work better tho. thanks

7. beardman76

beardman76 Lurker

8. FloppyWhale

FloppyWhale Lurker

The only bugs I've spotted so far with the CM 12.1 are wifi networks aren't being detected, and the recents button. Though I just go into the settings, buttons, and change the double press on the home button for the recents just like my ipod :).

9. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

The WiFi is not there at all, there's also no camera

10. KingDanny85

KingDanny85 Newbie

Any signs of camera and WiFi being fixed anytime soon? Great job with the improvement on ROMs for this phone. Can't wait for CM12. :thumbsupdroid:

11. FloppyWhale

FloppyWhale Lurker

Thanks for clarifying the issue with the wifi. I thought I had installed the ROM wrong or I flashed wrong :\.

Blu8 likes this.
  12. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

For cm11 or cm12? The dev for cm12 doesn't work on stuff in AF, only on xda. But if your looking for cm11 here's the link.http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/919575/

13. KingDanny85

KingDanny85 Newbie

I meant if there are any signs of camera and WiFi being fixed on CM12 anytime soon. Sorry for the confusion.

14. kylekillough

kylekillough Lurker

Hey, just saw this post. I have the boost mobile version of the Galaxy Core Prime LTE which they call the Prevail LTE. Model # sm-g360p. Do you plan to develop or have you developed CM for this device? Thanks!

15. j03lpr86

j03lpr86 Well-Known Member

Ur phone has a totally different cpu from the avant while the avant is 32bit ur phone is 64bit also the avant is based from the msm8226 platform and urs from the msm8916. They can still be qualcomm cpus but hardware wise they are totally different

crutchcorn likes this.
  16. kylekillough

kylekillough Lurker

So I guess the question is still: Does anyone plan to develop a CM version for this device or can point me in the right direction of the developer(s) I need to speak to? Thanks again!

17. FloppyWhale

FloppyWhale Lurker

There is a CM 12.1 ROM being developed by aznrice. As someone said, he doesn't post here, only on XDA. You can also download his CM 12.1 ROM at AFH.

18. Sai Poluri

Sai Poluri Newbie

I'd actually recomend waiting because a new version with bug fixes is being compiled by aznrice hopefully tonight

19. josukekun

josukekun Newbie

see the other post a new update today !!!

20. Sai Poluri

Sai Poluri Newbie

Nah bruh don't download that yet cuz that version was a test and it causes a bootloop. Aznrice was trying to make WiFi work don't download any of the versions from today or yesterday cuz they bootloop

21. josukekun

josukekun Newbie

I climbed a few minutes ago that no one then? .... you have tried the previous if you tell me how's the battery performance? ignoring the wifi

22. Sai Poluri

Sai Poluri Newbie

Nah u can't even start the phone up the boot loop doesn't even let u start it up

23. FloppyWhale

FloppyWhale Lurker

Question. If I have CM 12.1 already installed and a new version comes out, could I just flash that ROM over the current one or do I have to clear cache, dalvik, system, and data? Oh and what version of Android does CM 12.1 run on?

#1574 FloppyWhale, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  24. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

If you want to keep your data just do a dirty flash, wipe system, cache, and dalvik and leave data alone, then flash the new build and gapps

FloppyWhale likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Avant release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews