• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Sorry, been gone for a while but it seems we're still at square one with a chipset that no one has interest in working on and no easy exploits found for it.

I am upgrading soon so I would still be willing to guinea pig my Admire 4G for attempts at rooting but I'm not going to just attack it with exploits that have no chance of working on it.

Interesting claim about what MetroPCS would offer as a root I don't care if it voids my warranty I just want to know how it's done. You think if I call 10,000 times and send a billion emails I'd get an answer?

Fat chance.

Upvote 0
I guess a little social hacking could work if someone knew someone who worked at or ran a MetroPCS store (or another company that sell service for the Admire 4G) and maybe could convince the company to provide them the script/executable/SD card so they could root the phones in house.

But that would likely be asking to put their jobs/business in jeopardy if it was leaked to the internet so, again, unlikely scenario.

Also thought maybe getting the phone to output a log of everything that's happening to it then letting them root it would reveal the method... but this would likely require root to accomplish the log output, so paradoxically a stupid idea.

::frustration::

Upvote 0
I guess a little social hacking could work if someone knew someone who worked at or ran a MetroPCS store (or another company that sell service for the Admire 4G) and maybe could convince the company to provide them the script/executable/SD card so they could root the phones in house.

But that would likely be asking to put their jobs/business in jeopardy if it was leaked to the internet so, again, unlikely scenario.

Also thought maybe getting the phone to output a log of everything that's happening to it then letting them root it would reveal the method... but this would likely require root to accomplish the log output, so paradoxically a stupid idea.

::frustration::

The ability to root a phone has nothing to do with metro nor the manufacturer each phone has its chipset. and the phone manufacturer don't make their own chipset we have such companies such as qualcomm and others that are in charge of the phone's I guess u can say bios that includes bootloader and boot image more or less and only those companies have the power to lock or unlock a device at the request of the phone brand maker. And since no carrier wants their phones unlocked nor rooted they go through extreme measures trying to make sure we can't do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones