• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root let's get this going

CM11, will probably take half the night to download and that's @ 3.86mb/s down

Well, its not looking good. I will have to get with some developer friends of mine. Looks like we will need root in order to get what i need to make the custom recovery image. Hopefully we can find some sort of root method.

Upvote 0
CM11, will probably take half the night to download and that's @ 3.86mb/s down

Well, its not looking good. I will have to get with some developer friends of mine. Looks like we will need root in order to get what i need to make the custom recovery image. Hopefully we can find some sort of root method.

I wish it was easy as MediaTek devices, all you need for those is a scatterfile and a compiler... :(

Upvote 0
iam currently looking at the nexus 9 rooting method and all relevant files involved as htc helped develop it... i am thinking maybe if we all put our heads together and maybe modify the files / apps involved we could possibly root how 510 :p i am now going through the inject.img to follow how its working an maybe mod it to work with our device... here is the link..

Nexus 9 Android 5.0 Update: How To Root New Google Tablet Running Latest OS [TUTORIAL]

Upvote 0
iam currently looking at the nexus 9 rooting method and all relevant files involved as htc helped develop it... i am thinking maybe if we all put our heads together and maybe modify the files / apps involved we could possibly root how 510 :p i am now going through the inject.img to follow how its working an maybe mod it to work with our device... here is the link..

Nexus 9 Android 5.0 Update: How To Root New Google Tablet Running Latest OS [TUTORIAL]

That for the nexus 9 like come on that can brick our phone

Upvote 0
read my post!!!! it may be for the nexus 9 but the principle is the same being that the cf-root is for a 64bit device... and modifying the nexus files to work with our 510 is a definate possibilty it just has to be done right..

Sorry to say that if you succeed with this it would only be for the European variant as that is the only 64 bit desire 510.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones