• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets make a national call sprint day.($10 fee related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

avacomputers

Android Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2009
www.avacomputer.com
Ok, so here is my idea. We all settle on a date and we call sprint all day to complain about this $10 fee about nothing. If we are going to pay this fee for nothing we might as well use customer service for it. I know some people will flame me for this. But oh well. First they charge the fee. Ok fine. Then they make it so your discount won't apply. Plus they tax it. Now they want to throttle our data. When will it stop.

The $10 fee is for 4G and unlimited 3G. Am I missing something? Are you referring to a different fee?

iirc, there is not a 5Gb cap on 3G in regards to cell phone usage. The 5Gb cap referes to tethering, air cards, etc....not cell phones. So the $10 fee does nothing to remove a 3G cap on your cell phone, because there is not currently a cap.

Upvote 0
I just wish Sprint would have made the phone $240 more espensive so we wouldn't have to hear about this $10 fee/tax all the time.

Or, give us the choice to pay the extra $240 up front or pay $10 over the course of 24 months.

Exactly! :)

There's a reason the HD2 doesn't have a $10 extra fee per month...

I'd have to say the $10 fee per month is part based on Sprint wanting to make the phone more affordable ($199) and also the amount that they have to pay Clearwire for the 4g tower coverage.

I just wish they would allow us to waive the 4g data and save some money on the $10/fee. Maybe give us an option of buying the phone at $250 and no 4g data for only $70/mo regular voice + data. Can't say I'm gonna get the phone until they bring 4g coverage to SoCal (not just Los Angeles).

Upvote 0
they gave you the option to buy it full retail... but that doesn't stop the fee. A bit silly

I have a feeling the $450 "full retail" isn't the full subsidy Sprint pays HTC for the phone.

I think they only sell it for that amount since they know they will recoup $240 over a 2 year period in addition to the regular voice + data fees.

I think if they were forced to sell it at true full retail without the $10 fee it would be over $600.

Upvote 0
The $10 fee is for 4G and unlimited 3G. Am I missing something? Are you referring to a different fee?

Nope. That was total misinformation spread way too far by the media and various forums. Read the T&Cs. There never was a 5GB cap on any phone (except when tethering)--it was only for PAM and data cards (and tethering). Plus, with the rumored throttling, Sprint is showing the ability to exercise their power to do anything in terms of caps, as is stated in the T&Cs.

AND, nobody has yet to point out a clause in our contracts that state that this $10 fee even does anything in relation to caps. AND, you're still subject to the "we have the right to terminate you if you use too much, and we define too much but we won't tell you what it is" clause.

Upvote 0
1253930-this_thread_again_super.jpg

Upvote 0
Exactly! :)

There's a reason the HD2 doesn't have a $10 extra fee per month...

I'd have to say the $10 fee per month is part based on Sprint wanting to make the phone more affordable ($199) and also the amount that they have to pay Clearwire for the 4g tower coverage.

I just wish they would allow us to waive the 4g data and save some money on the $10/fee. Maybe give us an option of buying the phone at $250 and no 4g data for only $70/mo regular voice + data. Can't say I'm gonna get the phone until they bring 4g coverage to SoCal (not just Los Angeles).
Um Sprint owns Clearwire so I dont think there paying them anything.

Upvote 0
despite these fees, my bill is less than what I had on T-Mobile. I was paying about $99/month at T-mobile for 300 minutes and unlimited data/text.
Now I'm paying $89.66 for 500 minutes and unlimited data/text. And my 3G is better here. Unfortunately I don't have 4G in my area. So can I disable 4G and reduce my monthly payment, or is it just included in the unlimited data/text deal?
My monthly bill will be $5 lower, too, as soon as I can set up auto-pay online.

So about $10 less per month for better service, 4G if and when it becomes available (plus I'm relatively close to NYC, so at least I'll have it when I visit there), and a much, much better phone (I had the myTouch which was great, but pales in comparison to this)

Upvote 0
I was paying about $99/month at T-mobile for 300 minutes and unlimited data/text.

Wow :eek:

Being taken advantage of like that should be illegal :(

On my T-mobile Nexus One I pay $50/mo for:
500 min + Data + Free txt messaging through Google Voice
All of this is contract free as well for more freedom

Sorry to hear you had a bad T-mobile experience...

Upvote 0
seriously, I think I got a bit taken advantage of because I bought it at a stupid mall kiosk station. I somehow ended up with a FlexPay plan that I literally could NOT change. Which meant I couldn't get the Nexus One, no matter what. So I thought, "Oh, maybe I'll cancel my account and re-sign up" - nope - you can't sign up for 3 months after you cancel. Then, at such an incredible timing, the HTC Evo came out!
I mean the T-Mobile service was fine, but I do get better 3G around here.

Upvote 0
Ok im a fed up with the people saying - its just 10 dollar more
go buy another phone, blah blah blah...

its not about the MONEY ISSUE but the freaking PRINCIPLE!
Had they promoted, mentioned, explained a legitamate reason for the $10, we wouldnt be bitching.

Had they say, the $10 fee is for 4g access and Dan Hesse never came out saying 4g will be free for EVO - we would have said OK.
but they didnt, and hesse said 4g is free.

Explain the Fee!

seriously,many of you folks nowadays dont fight back against corporate who walks all over consumer. stand up and fight. 1 dollar here, 1 dollar there, 1 dollar everywhere - it all begins to add up as well.

if your so easy to part ways with your $10 each month, than thats you but guess what - sprint and other company will see it as - they dont mind, lets see how much can we dig next year when we release X phone.

how about this - $20 movie tickets err IMAX ticket.
People Are Paying $20 To See A Shrek Movie - The Consumerist

if ppl pay and the outcome is good - than imax will make it the norm to charge 20... its the principle! stop it!

Upvote 0
Jesus..... if we all hate these threads why do we continue to feed them by jumping them to the top of the forums? I'm hoping that me pointing out this with my post, contradicting what I just openly said to open your eyes to this help you see what you're doing. Let them fall and die at the bottom of the stack of crap that never gets read at the bottom of the forum. This 'issue' has been beaten to death, then some. Please, no more. I feel as though I can't rip any more of my hair out of my head from reading these because I'm down to one clump and patch of hair.

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones