• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's see your XOOM Desktop Home / Wallpaper

NvrEnough

Jun 5, 2010
I am editing this first post of this thread as I can see that it could become very popular. Over in the Incredible "show your home screen" it got to the point were the posts became somewhat hard to follow with all the "how did you do that or what app is that etc. So please follow these guidelines as it will only help develope this thread into a nice clean info machine. :)

Here's a few guidelines for posting to make things a little simpler for those inquiring about what they're looking at and how to find it:

---If you use Appbrain, please include a link. If not, list the widgets and apps that you're showing.
---If you need to quote an image, make sure you're only quoting the ONE image you are asking
about. Just delete the other images.
---If you can provide a link to any wallpapers.
---If you have apps/widgets that aren't readily available (BUT NOT PAID
APPS/CLOSED BETA/COPYWRITTEN!!) try to post a dl link to help others out.
---And just use a little forum courtesy.

2011022509594431.jpg

My Ghetto way of taking a home screen shot, Lets see what ya got. :)

I've seen screenshots of different people's Xooms, and I couldn't help but notice that so many people have found some really cool wallpapers. Would anyone like to share what your sources are for these wallpapers? I typically use the Backgrounds app for nice wallpapers on my N1, but obviously we need much larger higher-res wallpapers for the Xoom.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Where did you get them? I'm really looking hard to find a good wallpaper app that provides nice HD wallpapers for the Xoom. One person on another forum said that HD Wallpapers (from the Market) works, but that app does not work on the Xoom for me.

Just like with windows I simply googled HD wallpaper, originally I was looking for 1200x800 wallpaper but the xoom makes you crop it. Actually Bing is far better to use when searching for images, easier to scroll through the image results and it finds better wallpaper.

Upvote 0
Here is mine... been working on it for about 5 days.

Here is the Main Screen:

XOOM-Main.gif

And when I click on the "GAMES" widget/icon, it looks like this:

XOOM-Device.gif

I got my wallpaper from Submicron's site (which is AMAZING!). It is located here... submicron on deviantART Scroll through, there are some great wallpapers.

I am also using Minimalistic Text, APs Organizer and Desktop Visualizer (to create the icons/widgets on the main screen.

Still can't figure out why the time on my Minimalistic Widget is different than my system time. Sometimes it will line up but then it doesn't seem to want to update as the time changes. It worked when I first made it but now seems to constantly be off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones