• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's see your XOOM Desktop Home / Wallpaper

Whats the chance I could get a copy of your Wallpaper? I downloaded the original but I really like the Xoom Moto logo you have. I assume you created that right on the wallpaper?

Edit: Nice battery widget as well, is that minimalistic text as well?

Yea, the battery widget is Minimalistic Text also.

Yes, I created the XOOM logo on the wallpaper. Here ya go:

Xoom Wallpaper.jpg

Upvote 0
trying to figure out how you get the battery up n down i cant seem to do it...and i dont see day of the week at all? must be in the custom looks confusing lol

Yea, Minimalistic Text is confusing at first. Just keep playing with it and you will figure it out. I created all of mine as Custom.

The Batter and Day Widgets have to be stacked on top of each other, like this:

and so forth

So when you create it you will use a Vertical Widget (like 1X5) and then created the boxes and stack them in the Custom Area.

Upvote 0
Yea, Minimalistic Text is confusing at first. Just keep playing with it and you will figure it out. I created all of mine as Custom.

The Batter and Day Widgets have to be stacked on top of each other, like this:

and so forth

So when you create it you will use a Vertical Widget (like 1X5) and then created the boxes and stack them in the Custom Area.

Do you have to have the paid version for that capability?

Upvote 0
Here is mine... been working on it for about 5 days.

Here is the Main Screen:

XOOM-Main.gif

And when I click on the "GAMES" widget/icon, it looks like this:

XOOM-Device.gif

I got my wallpaper from Submicron's site (which is AMAZING!). It is located here... submicron on deviantART Scroll through, there are some great wallpapers.

I am also using Minimalistic Text, APs Organ
izer and Desktop Visualizer (to create the icons/widgets on the main screen.

Still can't figure out why the time on my Minimalistic Widget is different than my system time. Sometimes it will line up but then it doesn't seem to want to update as the time changes. It worked when I first made it but now seems to constantly be off.

Nice setup. How do u link the widget to a folder in app organizer? I can link to app organizer but cannot get it to open a specific folder - it just opens the app organizer app. Thanks

Upvote 0
Reactions: mehras1991
Upvote 0
First, select your Desktop Visualizer widget, I used the 1x1 (not the SS one) and then you link Aps Org to it. You have to create the icons or use the default ones.

Ok thanks - I was trying to link directly from minimalist widget. I now know how you are doing it.

BTW - how you make the icons. I have tried and the come out too small. (I used Paint Shop Pro) Any help on the icon creation would be great.

Upvote 0
I downloaded it from here... desktop visualizer - 4shared.com download free

And then side loaded it using Astro File Manager.

What does desktop visualizer do? Is that what you made the screen captures with?

Edit: I used minimalistic text to create my links at the bottom. I went into custom and chose Misc and then dragged the Text box up to the line. Then labeled it and chose accent. Then I changed the color to match the theme, changed and chose to hide the background. The icon grid size was the smallest one they had and then I chose to asign it an application to launch. Now all you see is the text on the screen. It still takes up a 1x1 block but the background is clear.

Upvote 0
thanks for the apk. now me trying to figure out how to get my xoom to remotely look like yours is a completely different story lol
how are you guys creating the battery widget?

It took me awile to figure it out. Choose predefined then choose custom in the list. When you do, custom will be active now from the main menu. Choose custom and hold and drag the three blocks already there down to the trash can. Use the buttons on the right to add more lines and choose battery from the list. Now stack all of the battery boxes from 100 down to 0 on top of each other and then back out. The rest is done from the main menu for text and accent color and font.

Upvote 0
Hey Tech Addiction; how did you get your background to include all of the pic? Mine seems to be at a different resolution so i'm only getting the center (xoom logo does not appear).

Navigate to the picture and open it. Choose set picture as.. and then make sure the box around the pic is dragged all the way up and down to capture the whole pic... it's an Android thing.

Reactions: z28fun
Upvote 0
thanks for the info....i can set it all up in the app but it isn't adding the widget to the homescreen. am i missing something? i added a 1x5 widget, edited it, saved it but nothing happens after that. probably something simple that i'm missing

Make sure you name it at the top and then save it to that name when done. I did notice that it took a little while to get some to show on the screen. You might try rebooting. Not sure what the issue was. I was fighting it last night before giving up and going to bed. I had two made but couldn't get the others. They finaly stuck this morning.

Reactions: jokeefe10
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones