1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Let's talk cases for the HTC EVO 3D.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Groty, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    Extended Battery + Extended Battery Protective Case + Kickstand = WIN!!!!

I mean, if anyone was to make one. =)

Advertisement

ProfeZZor X likes this.
  2. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    If the concept of the extended battery case it to protect your device from harm, and the extended battery is designed to prolong the life of your device - with all that added usage of the device, it would only make sense to have one.

3. JackieRose

JackieRose Lurker
    None

Sep 8, 2010
    I know this thread has been dead for about a month but i've done a search and can't find any info on a case i found on ebay so thought i would check here.

For HTC Evo 3D-Purple Bling/Black Fishbone Hard/Soft Skin Armor Case Phone Cover | eBay

I've seen these cases all over amazon and ebay and was wondering if anyone has tried it out? (not necessarily the rhinestone version but the plain ones too)

I am getting an evo 3d next week and am trying to go ahead and pick out the best case for it. I like the idea of the hybrid cases bc i have a 3 year old that uses my phone to play games so i need some protection but i can't afford anything like the otterbox and casemate. Plus, i want purple and most places for some reason only offer pink, no fair lol

Any ideas or input would be great. I want a pretty case but it still be functional. which is why i found this one with rhinestones, i dont really think it's the most attractive case but maybe the jewels will hep with the ugly factor lol

CarrieK likes this.
  4. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Information Systems Analyst
    Nashville, TN
    You know, that actually looks pretty good. Right now I am using one of those cheap Sprint gel cases that only comes in pink (bleh!).

5. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    Just got my ballistics hc case and love it so far will post pics etc later, been apt hunting all day

6. jdsingle

jdsingle Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    How'd you get the refund? Did you buy from Otterbox initially? I bought from Sprint, still have box and receipt, I'm about to get 3rd one since the rep said he couldn't give refund. I might try Sprint. I love the Otterbox but this drives me nuts.

7. kaoticzeus

kaoticzeus Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    California
    I bought this exact tpu case from this seller for my plum evo 3d Amazon.com: TPU-Cases High Gloss Smoke Grey Flexible TPU Skin Cover Phone Case for HTC Evo 3D (Sprint) [TPU-Cases Retail Packaging] - Revision 3: Cell Phones & Accessories

Very satisfied with my purchase. Material is better and thicker than most tpu cases ive seen. The fitment is cut out perfect and holds the phone very tight but i like that because it wont move around or come apart easily. It feels good in my pocket and hand.. just thought id share my experience!

DonB and CarrieK like this.
  8. molitar

molitar Newbie
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    I purchased the Ballistic Hard Case and for my large hands it fits very nicely. My review of the Ballistic Hard Shell Case...

The thing I like most about this case that I did not like about the Defender is that the defender I could not click on keys or buttons at the edge of the screen without some trial and effort. The Ballistic is a bit bulkier due to it's design it does not effect my pressing buttons or typing at all I can actually see the 2-3 centimeters of the black edges around the screen meaning I can now play my games without killing myself to hit the buttons or use the keyboard without effort to press keys like o and p when I was in non-landscape mode. The kickstand does feel flimsy and appears it will pop off but treat it carefully and it should be ok. And last but not least the plastic protective screen covers the entire front of the phone unlike the Defender which had a gap that lint and dusts always seemed to find it's way into. I give it a 3.5 star more if the kickstand was of a heavier quality. What matters is the touching of the screen freedom of movement which the Defender SEVERELY lacked but this one does not.

9. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Kentucky
    Seidio gave me an Active case tp review for my 3D and it's the best and i loved it. I had one on my EVO 4G. But then I missed the Kickstand and bought the purple kickstand case and haven't changed back to the Active. Going to NY soon for a few days and will use the Active while I am gone cause I won't be really needing the Kickstand. I mostly use it at work on break for vidoes and when listening to music.

10. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Android Enthusiast
    None

Does anyone know about any cases with a kickstand that would also protect the back glass for the camera or at least any transparent protectors like the ones for the screen? All of the cases with kick stand that I've seen have the lens unprotected and I'm afraid that it will get scratched or something.

11. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    Ballistic hc has all that

12. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    We are still waiting for your pics !!

13. wake69

wake69 Android Expert
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    Quick Review:
    I love this case, it is big and has good grip. Some people dont like bulky cases but I do. There is a fine mesh over all speakers to help prevent moisture getting into the phone. it has a built in screen protector and also protectant over camera and flash. The power and volume buttons work flawlessly and the covers for camera button and charging port fit tightly and do not show any early signs of tearing like the seidio convert case did.

If you have any questions ask as i dont have time to write much more.

DonB likes this.
  14. BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    The Martin Fields screen protector has a little sheet you put on the camera glass. I have that with the seidio kickstand case.

15. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    Still patiently awaiting Seidio to come out with a kickstand for their extended battery case, but at this point I don't think it's going to happen.

16. molitar

molitar Newbie
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    I agree.. the only thing I would of asked that they should of done is just covered up the bottom of the phone with the rubber case so it would fit a bit tighter at the bottom.. but other than that.. great case as it does not interfere with the touchscreen which the Defender did drastically.

17. StevenG

StevenG Lurker
    None

My daughter showed me Outterbox (New iPhone 4S Cases, iPad 2 Cases & More // OtterBox.com). The case is fantastic. She had one on her iPhone and now has one on her new iPhone. I bought them through Amazon.com for half the list price.
    Some of the models come in colors. The 3D case is just in black. My white case is completely covered with the casa. Oh well. At lease there is some protection.
    One of the cases had a cut/split in a corner of the rubber outside case when it arrived. A quick call to Otterbox had it replaced.:D

18. Dooderino

Dooderino Member
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    NJ

Beware of the commuter case for the 3d it has a known issue for our particular phone. I personally am on my 3rd case due to the rubber not fitting right and stretching out leaving a huge gap between the phone and the case.

They are a great company and have an excellent reputation but they know of this issue and have yet to fix it.

19. Wantin

Wantin Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Hey what do you guys think about the hard cover and tpu case combo? I'm looking at this one here for example: HTC "EVO 3D": BLACK WHITE HYBRID HARD RUBBERIZED COVER+TPU RUBBER GEL SKIN CASE | eBay

It appears from this thread that tpu cases are good to great and I'll definitely stick with a simple one if this one I've shown above seems to not be as good. Maybe the dual layer trades some protection? I wouldn't think so, but I want to be sure form the experts here. Thanks!

20. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    TPU cases are great IMO but white will get dirty fast, keep that in mind

21. _-Jay-_

_-Jay-_ Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ
  22. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    _-Jay-_ likes this.
  23. _-Jay-_

_-Jay-_ Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ

Sorry, it was a hard device to let go!

24. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    Lol ;)

25. ckholladay21

ckholladay21 Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    The case mate Pop is a really nice case. The kickstand is flexible plastic, but is sturdy enough for me. The rubber does show signs of wear and it's tough to get of, but all and all I still really like it.

Tags: