• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets Talk "Catch"

Any advice for somebody that didnt get the living social voucher and isnt eligible for 4g discount? (I'm in california so I cant get that right?). I only have $30 loyalty discount, and I kinda want to get this phone in hand tomorrow...I guess if I go for Lets Talk I can end up paying $95 less but then I have to wait for it to be shipped? Are there any other options?

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
Any advice for somebody that didnt get the living social voucher and isnt eligible for 4g discount? (I'm in california so I cant get that right?). I only have $30 loyalty discount, and I kinda want to get this phone in hand tomorrow...I guess if I go for Lets Talk I can end up paying $95 less but then I have to wait for it to be shipped? Are there any other options?

If you order today then you could have it by Friday. It is worth the cost savings.

Upvote 0
Hmmm so i'm looking at the 'new pricing' listed for letstalk... right now i have this plan:
-Nationwide TLK&TXT Share 700 for $80 per month

Trying to navigate letstalk's website, the cheapest pricing i could find for the same plan is $99.98. That's an added 20$/mo for 24 mo. So it appears this cheaper up-front pricing for the phone is not really worth it?

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
Hmmm so i'm looking at the 'new pricing' listed for letstalk... right now i have this plan:
-Nationwide TLK&TXT Share 700 for $80 per month

Trying to navigate letstalk's website, the cheapest pricing i could find for the same plan is $99.98. That's an added 20$/mo for 24 mo. So it appears this cheaper up-front pricing for the phone is not really worth it?

This could be a couple things. One thing, is that a Verizon plan, is the same no matter where you buy the phone. But, with the newer Account Level pricing, it can be confusing. Basically, you have your "Account" price, of 80 a month. Then, each line on your Share plan, is 9.99. So, you have $80 + $9.99 + $9.99 for the total of $99.98. Which is what it should be anyway. You actually save a penny per month compared to the older, pre-Account Level Pricing version of the same plan. But the $80 you see on the plan you have now, is just because it's showing the Account price. You still have to add in your $9.99 per line to that for each line's access charge.

Dunno if that makes it any clearer or not for you tho. It's a pain to explain lol.

Reactions: P M
Upvote 0
This could be a couple things. One thing, is that a Verizon plan, is the same no matter where you buy the phone. But, with the newer Account Level pricing, it can be confusing. Basically, you have your "Account" price, of 80 a month. Then, each line on your Share plan, is 9.99. So, you have $80 + $9.99 + $9.99 for the total of $99.98. Which is what it should be anyway. You actually save a penny per month compared to the older, pre-Account Level Pricing version of the same plan. But the $80 you see on the plan you have now, is just because it's showing the Account price. You still have to add in your $9.99 per line to that for each line's access charge.

Dunno if that makes it any clearer or not for you tho. It's a pain to explain lol.

ahhh i see. i ended up just buying through the internet for 280$ (with rushed shipping). i understand what you are explaining :); i just wasn't 100% sure what the breakdown was in pricing because the letstalk website didn't itemize it that well.

i have the phone now and am very happy (just got it yesterday from fedex)! haha not i see it's backordered to the 30th!

i guess the other positive note about the internet vzw sale of the phone is the insurance could be stopped whenever, as opposed to paying a full 125$ up front.

thanks for the clarification!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones