• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Let's talk Suitcases..

JAy3001

Android Expert
Dec 13, 2010
UK
Right then, I'm in the market for a set of Suitcases and it's a bloody minefield! As much as I'd love to say I want Samsonite, they are not in my price range.

So I have been trying to narrow things down a bit to 2 manufacturers so far..

So I have Antler:
https://www.antler.co.uk/hudson-exclusive-3-piece-suitcase-set-charcoal-3344

And I have American Tourister:
https://www.americantourister.co.uk/pasadena-luggage-set/91967-2601.html

Those are the 2 sets I have in mind, however when you look for reviews of these manufacturers it seems hit and miss, 50/50 if you like as to whether they are any good!?

So does anyone have any experience with these 2 manufacturers or have any recommendations in the same sort of price range? They need to be available in the UK for obvious reasons. :p

Last edited:
If cosmetics were an issue, I might steer away from the American Tourister set. That looks like it would become scuffed and scratched just taking it home. The textured covering of the Antler looks nice, but without seeing the inside or construction of either set I could say one over the other. After a while it all looks the same.

Something to consider is the type of clothing you carry. I travel with the wife for pleasure and without for work ... two completely different packing requirements so I need a little versatility, and the ability to easily recognize it in a baggage claim area among the sea of black, soft sided suitcases. ;)

Upvote 0
So we finally decided on a suitcase set. The hard cases were not for us when we test drove the ones in store due to the lack of storage.

Ricardo Santa Cruz 7.0, we shall see how these cope.. :eek::D

Attachments

• 20190212_100432.jpg
    20190212_100432.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones