1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Let's Talk Video

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lare, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Lare

Lare Newbie

I've accumulated a collection of training and music videos over the years and over the devices. A lot of them are in common formats like .avi and .wmv but some are in less-common formats, like the .asf for a Palm device. (I've had the least luck with this last one.)

Now that I'm using the Droid 2 (Global) I'd like to move some of these over to it while making best use of the screen resolution.

I'm looking for recommendations on a file format (file size/resolution and file type) converter for the Windows OS. Free or paid doesn't matter but I don't want to invest in a full-blown video editing suite.

Thanks.

(Mods, I wasn't sure where to put this but thought it might be considered device-specific so started here. I promise not to have hurt feelings if it gets moved.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dakota - Tom

Dakota - Tom Well-Known Member

.asf is a Windows streaming format, not Palm-specific.

You should be able to find a number of conversion programs (both free and paid) by doing a search for "video format converter" or similar phrase. (I just did that, and Bing came up with several pages...)

3. Lare

Lare Newbie

Thanks, Tom, I did that too and got lots of results. The trick is weeding through them and finding out the good ones from the bloated, advertising-laden ones. (Not to even mention the ones that are mere delivery systems for malware.) I'm kinda hoping for people's experiences with specific programs so I don't spend a lot of time re-inventing the wheel (to coin a phrase.)

4. Hardrvin

Hardrvin Lurker

Anyone had luck finding out a specific format that plays well w/ the Droid 2?

I've tried *.mp4 and m4v and neither worked. Doesn't even try to play.

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews