• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets us peek at your Screens!

snap20110119_111549.png

Upvote 0
How did you get six icons in your dock and is it scrollable?

Not my screen, but I can answer. Rooted, MIUI Rom. 6 icon spots available on dock, not scrollable.

Sorry, new to this. Can someone tell me what app I need to create those folders on the left side of the screen? :)

Once again, not my screen. MIUI Rom does folders exactly like iPhone. Not sure there is a app for it for non-rooted phones.

Reactions: JunBringer
Upvote 0
[General] Mayhem;2164184 said:
I HAVE to have this picture. Where'd you get it?

My minimalist screen --

2yminn7.png

I'm not too fond of the folder icons, but my phone isn't rooted and I don't have any icon packs. :(

You don't need root for custom icons. It looks like you already have Lanucher Pro. Do you have Plus? If not, I would highly recommend buying it, this will allow you to change icons, as well as other features, and helps the developer. If you don't want to pay for anything, get Folder Organizer Lite or Desktop Visualizer. Both of these free apps will allow you to change the icon to an icon pack or any pic on your SD card (the method I prefer)

P.S. The free version of Launcher Pro may allow you to change icons. I haven't had the free version in awhile, so I'm not sure. But I don't think it has that feature

Reactions: EVU
Upvote 0
In Gimp you would just open it and click file, start new. Do a 80x80 for dock icons and 160x160 (what I use anyways). Then that box will appear. Right click the box, click layer, click transparancy, add alpha channel. Then righ click the box again. Click layer, transparancy, color to alpha. ................

Where the cursor is you have to open that and scroll thru until you see .png. It will ask if you want to export it and yes you do. There, you have now created an icon you can use on your phone.

Is there a specific place on my phone the files have to be? Usind ADW EX

Upvote 0
P.S. The free version of Launcher Pro may allow you to change icons. I haven't had the free version in awhile, so I'm not sure. But I don't think it has that feature

You CAN change the dock icons on the free version of Launcher Pro. But if you are referring to being able to change the icons on the Home screen but NOT on the dock (without Desktop Visualizer or Smart Shortcuts or Folder Organizer) then I am not sure...

DOES the paid version of Launcher Pro allow you to change non-dock Home page icons or does one STILL need DV, SS and/or FO??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones