• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets us peek at your Screens!

724566.png

Upvote 0
Rooting is irrelevant (and unnecessary) for customizing. If you just want to change how the phone looks, try WidgetLocker as a lockscreen replacement and LauncherPro or ADW Launcher as a replacement home launcher. Pick any random clock widget (Beautiful Widgets, Fancy Widget, Make Your Own Clock, Minimalistic Text) or Desktop Visualizer to make custom icons and you can go crazy... all without rooting.

All of this... not rooted.

Just about all of the screenshots in this and other forums show different apps, widgets, and wallpapers. Whether or not they are rooted, they all use basically the same customization features.

One of the only things that rooting allows for visual customization is changing system fonts and colors. But there is so much you can do without being technically inclined. You can't break it. Don't be afraid to change things. But most important... have fun with it!

Where did you find these non-root mods? I love the LCARS lock screen.... I NEED this lockscreen... Link?

Upvote 0
Where did you find these non-root mods? I love the LCARS lock screen.... I NEED this lockscreen... Link?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I deleted my subscription to this thread after a few members unloaded their frustrations about my last post.

Anyway, I started a Post Your Lockscreen Screenshots (WidgetLocker, etc.) thread, which is where the LCARS lockscreen theme is located, as well as the white-arrows and Demon Attack ones.

My tutorial thread on Android7 is the second-most viewed theming thread on this forum. You should check it out!

Hope you enjoy!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Great screen shot.Widgets and info how you got that for the evo impaired?Thanks

all the text widgets are made using desktop visualiser with custom icons using birdman font.

I am rooted and running mikg 2.2 from themikmik.com theMikMik.com • View topic - Download Links

I am using the wired theme
theMikMik.com • View topic - [THEME] Flat Wired | v2.x | rev1.2 | 7/1/11

and sense skin xperiansed arc from here
theMikMik.com • View topic - [THEME/SKINS] GB SENSE 2.1 SKINZ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones