• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets us peek at your Screens!

Thanks Sprint / HTC!!!!

evo.png
Can you post the wallpaper. thanks in advance. J/k man. I would be pissed too

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
I have a question. I'm using LauncherPro and i just got better cut. Can I put custom icons in my dock/launcher? I tried to do the long press, select better cut, change icon and when I hit create it just puts it on the home screen instead of the dock. Am I doing something wrong or is this something I can't do? I've tried to find a tutorial for this but have came up empty so far. Thanks for anyone that can help.

Upvote 0
Now that is a cool home screen! Best match between wallpaper and widgets. The Beautiful Widgets clock and weather is perfect for that. Looks like you literally doodled the clock and weather. Congrats on a really excellent setup.

Agreed. I don't care for the screens other than the homescreen, but that's really good.

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my other homescreens. I don't like them either, especially the one with just the Icons on it, so I'm trying to figure out how to fill them. Need to find some custom icons. I just downloaded Jorte which I really like as a calender app, so that's taking over the homescreen that had all the icons on it.

eh oops deleted wrong one. anwyay i use dirty paper but my weather icons arent drawn like yours? i also use smaller homes though wonder if that is it.

Hmm..honestly I dunno. I didn't do anything special to get it like that, I mean I didn't change anything in the settings or anything like that. I'm going through my settings changing stuff and I can't figure out to have the weather icons look any other way.

Upvote 0
I have a question. I'm using LauncherPro and i just got better cut. Can I put custom icons in my dock/launcher? I tried to do the long press, select better cut, change icon and when I hit create it just puts it on the home screen instead of the dock. Am I doing something wrong or is this something I can't do? I've tried to find a tutorial for this but have came up empty so far. Thanks for anyone that can help.

How do you even change an Icon with Bettercut? I just downloaded it, so I hard press on the screen, go to Shortcuts > Bettercut >...then what? I keep trying "Make Your Own" but the program always force closes when I do that. I can't figure out how else to change the icons?

Upvote 0
Guess it is nice that HTC made it for OTA delivery

Sorry to hear it as well

You gotta have a sense of humor sometimes :p

Edit: I also had a great discussion with a very nice and sympathetic person at HTC who seemed to be having a worse day than me. She said they were all baffled by the problem and overwhelmed by the the unexpected demand of the EVO.

Upvote 0
Reactions: GEG
Upvote 0
What launcher are you using? And, does that weather widget still show the weather animations? Thanks!

weather widget is htc weather widget #3 - i dont believe it has any animations (not for sure, i have all my animations turned off for better battery)

EDIT: turned animations on, no they do not work.

launcher is
Originally Posted by chocmatic
here is the droid launcher. deodexed

droidlauncher-signed.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

make sure you backup just to be safe

Reactions: cnote678
Upvote 0
How do you change the icon's once downloaded?

* Download the program Better Cut

* Press on the screen until you receive a pop-up and select "Shortucts" then select Better Cut

* Normally I use "Activity" and slide through to pick which shortcut you would like to make. (It's a little hard to choose from cause sometimes it's hard to know which one works. For me it took a bit of trial and error). You can also use "Other Available Shortcut" to select from limited items. The other choices are pretty self explanatory.

* After you have selected what app you would like to make a shortcut for select "Change Icon" choose from either IconPack (which i noticed are if they were download from the market) or choose "Pick Picture" if it was loaded from your SD card.

* After you have selected your icon press "Create" and the new shortcut should be applied to your homescreen.

I know I didn't really go into much detail but I hope in some way it helped.

Reactions: EVU and SHO_ONE
Upvote 0
How do you even change an Icon with Bettercut? I just downloaded it, so I hard press on the screen, go to Shortcuts > Bettercut >...then what? I keep trying "Make Your Own" but the program always force closes when I do that. I can't figure out how else to change the icons?

I always do long press, shortcuts>bettercut>activity>select which activity you want to change>change icon > browse downloaded icon packs and select the icon you want to use> create

it should put the icon on your home screen. I just cant figure out if I can put them in the launcher pro dock at the bottom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones