1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Lets us peek at your Screens!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NSXLA, Jun 5, 2010.

1. mms1946

mms1946 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    MD
    nevermind! saw someone else posted the same issue.

Advertisement

2. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Can you post the wallpaper. thanks in advance. J/k man. I would be pissed too

twospirits likes this.
  3. ZoinksM3

ZoinksM3 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Guess it is nice that HTC made it for OTA delivery

Sorry to hear it as well

4. SHO_ONE

SHO_ONE Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Chicago, IL
  5. south875

south875 Active Member

May 17, 2010
    VA
    I have a question. I'm using LauncherPro and i just got better cut. Can I put custom icons in my dock/launcher? I tried to do the long press, select better cut, change icon and when I hit create it just puts it on the home screen instead of the dock. Am I doing something wrong or is this something I can't do? I've tried to find a tutorial for this but have came up empty so far. Thanks for anyone that can help.

6. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

since im a texas boy!

[​IMG]

7. Boozeman

Boozeman Active Member

May 14, 2010
    Thanks guys! Yeah I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my other homescreens. I don't like them either, especially the one with just the Icons on it, so I'm trying to figure out how to fill them. Need to find some custom icons. I just downloaded Jorte which I really like as a calender app, so that's taking over the homescreen that had all the icons on it.

Hmm..honestly I dunno. I didn't do anything special to get it like that, I mean I didn't change anything in the settings or anything like that. I'm going through my settings changing stuff and I can't figure out to have the weather icons look any other way.

8. GEG

GEG Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Transportation
    Akron, OH
    Wht rom are u using the only thing i hate bout htc sence is the big bar on the botton i

9. Buzzwyzr

Buzzwyzr Member

Jun 6, 2010
  10. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    already said in details...;)
    the right coast
    tried running it on my unrooted evo. wont launch. "failed starting server" check to see that you have ***root*** access on your device. and enabled access to the lower level graphics

11. Boozeman

Boozeman Active Member

May 14, 2010
    How do you even change an Icon with Bettercut? I just downloaded it, so I hard press on the screen, go to Shortcuts > Bettercut >...then what? I keep trying "Make Your Own" but the program always force closes when I do that. I can't figure out how else to change the icons?

12. Frankiedog

Frankiedog Member

Jun 7, 2010

You gotta have a sense of humor sometimes :p

Edit: I also had a great discussion with a very nice and sympathetic person at HTC who seemed to be having a worse day than me. She said they were all baffled by the problem and overwhelmed by the the unexpected demand of the EVO.

13. v01rider

im using fresh v.3 rom. i have the below as my launcher. if you have root access, you can simply flash it from your sdcard!!

GEG likes this.
  14. cnote678

cnote678 Member

What launcher are you using? And, does that weather widget still show the weather animations? Thanks!

15. v01rider

weather widget is htc weather widget #3 - i dont believe it has any animations (not for sure, i have all my animations turned off for better battery)

EDIT: turned animations on, no they do not work.

launcher is

cnote678 likes this.
  16. chocmatic

chocmatic Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    I changed the color the launcher and modified Konikub's taskbar

[​IMG]

17. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    * Download the program Better Cut

* Press on the screen until you receive a pop-up and select "Shortucts" then select Better Cut

* Normally I use "Activity" and slide through to pick which shortcut you would like to make. (It's a little hard to choose from cause sometimes it's hard to know which one works. For me it took a bit of trial and error). You can also use "Other Available Shortcut" to select from limited items. The other choices are pretty self explanatory.

* After you have selected what app you would like to make a shortcut for select "Change Icon" choose from either IconPack (which i noticed are if they were download from the market) or choose "Pick Picture" if it was loaded from your SD card.

* After you have selected your icon press "Create" and the new shortcut should be applied to your homescreen.

I know I didn't really go into much detail but I hope in some way it helped.

EVU and SHO_ONE like this.
  18. M@XLOL

M@XLOL Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
  19. icebergslim3000

icebergslim3000 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    Can I get a link to that background.

20. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Orange County, CA
    where is everyone getting their icon sets from? what home screen app is compatible with icon changes?

21. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
  22. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    i had to crop it alot when applying ,

http://imgur.com/37ysX.jpg

23. mms1946

mms1946 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    MD
    Thanks for the instructions, but the default launcher is no longer available if you did the upgrade. I am having the same issue as the guy above. Created an icon for the camera, but says camera is not installed. Any advice?

24. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Take a look at Deviant Art, Gnome-look, and KDE-look. Both ADW launcher and Launcher Pro are compatible with icon changes.

mms1946 likes this.
  25. south875

south875 Active Member

May 17, 2010
    VA

I always do long press, shortcuts>bettercut>activity>select which activity you want to change>change icon > browse downloaded icon packs and select the icon you want to use> create

it should put the icon on your home screen. I just cant figure out if I can put them in the launcher pro dock at the bottom.

Tags: