• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lexerd Anti Glare screen protector impressions

spazma7ik

Dec 29, 2009
Impressions:

7/10

I'll start with the pro's.

-It came quickly
-Installation was very simple (sans flimsiness, see cons), it's a tad smaller so it's easy to get on.
-Came with awesome equipment for installation, like latex finger covers
-Totally fingerprint resistant, as to be expected with anti glare
-It's definitely ANTI-glare
-Really thin, so no sensitivity is lost
-Feels EXTREMELY smooth, I prefer the feel to the standard glass

CONS:

-Makes the screen have a terrible rainbow effect on all lighter screens, a lot worse than I expected, I have an anti glare on my iPod Touch that I LOVE, it doesn't do this rainbow effect nearly as bad. I don't know if it's the screen of the products, or just the difference in protectors, but it's noticeable. Note: I also keep little to no brightness on either of them
-There seems to be no adhesive anywhere around the edges of the film, because even with the protector dead center there is a border of bubble (well it just doesn't lay flat). Though if you use a case this would be nonexistant as it would probably cover it
-The thinness is a tradeoff, because while it does help with the sensitivity, it's a PIA to put on cause it's so flimsy.

So yeah, overall I'm content with it, but it could be much better. I just have to have anti-glare, cause to me I can't STAND fingerprints. Actually the anti-glare I could care less about, these might as well be called anti-fingerprint to me.

Upvote 0
I got the same one for my Nokia n900. I didn't know it was anti-glare...I thought one version was anti, the other not? FWIW, I was worried about getting a Zagg (I put one on my girl's "non-touch" phone) because its too rubbery feeling, and concerned it wouldn't be "slide-friendly". The Lexerd feels like the original screen (resistive) yet seems very durable.

Woops! You totally caught my mistake, thanks.

Amazon.com: Lexerd - Motorola DROID TrueVue Anti-glare Cell Phone Screen Protector: Electronics

Yeah they make two different kinds.

Upvote 0
I got a lexerd protector for a Pad Digital 8 inch and it really cut the glare and improved the color . I just ordered a new one for a incoia a500 which is very glare y. Hope it does as well. they are not the cheapest but having had numerous other cheaper ones I'll pay the extra for something that will stay put and works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones