• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG 2.3.3 update buggy Move to SD Card?

funpig

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2010
After the LG 2.3.3 update, I can move apps to the SD card in Settings-Applications-Manage Applications-On SD Card. The problem is when I power off the phone (which is now very commonplace because of the need to reboot the phone to deal with the various update bugs, eg Wifi, blank screen, widget stop working, etc).

After a power off, homescreen icons for the moved apps become generic android icons. If I click the generic icon, the app still works. Also, if I click the launcher at the bottom middle of the screen, it takes me to the Applications page. Any app moved to the SD card no longer show up on the Applications page.

In order to get back the proper icons and to get back the app on the Applications page, I have move the app back to phone storage and do a reboot (power off and on).

Any body else have this problem after the LG 2.3.3 update?

I have done the LG 2.3.3 update on both my original phone last week and a warranty replacement phone yesterday. Both exhibit the same problem described above. Another warranty phone is on its way; I plan to keep it as 2.1.

My son has an LG Optimus One running 2.2 and his phone does not have any problems when an app is moved to the SD card.

After the LG 2.3.3 update, I can move apps to the SD card in Settings-Applications-Manage Applications-On SD Card. The problem is when I power off the phone (which is now very commonplace because of the need to reboot the phone to deal with the various update bugs, eg Wifi, blank screen, widget stop working, etc).

After a power off, homescreen icons for the moved apps become generic android icons. If I click the generic icon, the app still works. Also, if I click the launcher at the bottom middle of the screen, it takes me to the Applications page. Any app moved to the SD card no longer show up on the Applications page.

In order to get back the proper icons and to get back the app on the Applications page, I have move the app back to phone storage and do a reboot (power off and on).

Any body else have this problem after the LG 2.3.3 update?

I have done the LG 2.3.3 update on both my original phone last week and a warranty replacement phone yesterday. Both exhibit the same problem described above. Another warranty phone is on its way; I plan to keep it as 2.1.

My son has an LG Optimus One running 2.2 and his phone does not have any problems when an app is moved to the SD card.

I do get the same problem. I haven't found a solution yet. Rebooting the phone doesn't help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones