1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root LG Ally 2.2.2 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AdamFerg, Jul 3, 2011.

1. AdamFerg

AdamFerg Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    I have rooted and unrooted my phone 3 times today, i have tried my best to get the stock recovery back which i think i have finally accomplished but could be wrong, i reinstalled all the bloatware i had removed for space and still, my phone will not properly install the OTA update. It downloads, and all i have to do is go to upgrade utility to start the unsuccessful install but every time i try, it reboots my phone into a black screen with a white box, orange arrow, green android and a progress bar but at the same place every time, about 1/3 the way through the white box changes to a triangle with an orange exclamation point in the middle. I have looked everywhere and found no solutions. If anyone has any ideas please let me know because i really want the update. I am rooted at the moment with my own stock rom, i haven't flashed any custom roms but i did flash clockworkmod recovery. I think i am back to stock recovery but i could be wrong. I also know where the OTA update is installed on my phone and could extract it if it is flashable but i wouldn't flash it without someone saying that it is safe so please let me know, if it is flashable i can post a download to distribute it.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 30, 2010
    Retail Clerk
    United States
    You still have a custom recovery. You need to look for signed clockwork to stock recovery.zip that file will take you to stock. I know cause i recently just used it. :)

3. AdamFerg

AdamFerg Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Thanks, i ended up having to use a stock nandroid backup that wasnt even rooted because i was missing voice dialer and the update wouldnt work without it but after i got the complete stock rom i did flash that zip and updated successfully, now im on 2.2.2, rooted and being more safe with what i delete. I now have a backup from as soon as i rooted and after i removed bloatware as well as a folder on my computer containing all the bloatware i removed and a titanium backup of those apps as well :) The more time im rooted, the better i get at working with this stuff.

Tags: