• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Ally badly F***** UP!

Ok so i ran battery icon mod on my lg ally and it rebooted and gets stuck on A N D R O I D i rebooted again and now its just a black screen after verizon splash screen and nothing after that i was running 2.2.1 rooted.I cant get into any kind of recovery any way to reflash PLEASE HELP! i love u long time if u can.

Sure. It is essentially a "chat room". If you have ever used one of those, you may know they can get a little "hairy" (busy and confusing to follow) sometimes, and also there are often a few, um, "undesirable personalities" logged in who can't keep their chat out of the gutter. But the better IRC clients have ways to set those folks to "ignore" and you won't even see them.

Here is a link to a "basic" IRC client which accesses a chat room 'channel' devoted to the Ally. You can usually find someone there to help. Most of the folks who hang out there are very helpful and friendly. Just be polite and if it is really busy ask your question and then wait for someone to answer.

Look for user names like "Dots" (or one of the several variants he uses), for example. He is IMMENSELY helpful and very patient. He once opened a private chat room so we could talk undisturbed and then spent an hour helping me solve a problem very similar to yours. If I were more knowledgable I would try to help you myself, but when it comes to not being able to get into recovery, I don't have the knowledge to tell you what to do. Those guys will know. Also guys like Savoxis, Death to All, Drellisdee, etc. Many of them are the developers who gave us Velocity in the first place, so they know this stuff like the back of their hands! :)

This thread will tell you how to access the Ally IRC. Good luck, and I hope you get it fixed quickly!

http://androidforums.com/lg-ally/168374-ally-help-irc-channel.html

Upvote 0
Try turning on the phone by holding the SEND,MENU,POWER keys until you see the LG logo then let go. If done correctly should boot you into recovery. (Thats if you flashed a custom recocery.)

You should see an little android guy with an exclmation point and the phone reboot. That will be stock recovery.

Let me know what happens at this point.

Also is there a pause like a black screen, about 4-5 seconds between the LG logo and verizon logo on a normal boot?

Upvote 0
i did that still no go this ally is realy f'ed up may be bricked from the looks of it but im able to get to emergency download by holding 5 key

Emergency mode may not help as you can possible to fix the phone but you would likely wipe your ESN, which would make the phone useless. See my first post i edited for further information. Lets save emeryengency mode for last resort.

Upvote 0
well when i hold the 3 keys he said to hold it goes to the stock recovery for 1sec then reboots past verizon splash screen then same old black screen no android boot image =(

Exactly what i thought. You can access the stock recovery menu by doing the following.

1. Boot the phone by holding SEND, MENU, POWER,
2. Start pressing the HOME button on the phones keyboard a few times right after the lg logo disappears and right when you see the Android guy. It's all about timing and will take a few tries.
3. If you sucessfully do it correctly you will see a menu. From there you can try wiping data/cache option. I'm not sure if it will fix the problem or not but is a step in the correct direction.
4. Once wiped try rebooting and hope it worked, If not it will probably be much harder to fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones